You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mapping PTT to mic button on Logitech Pro Yoke with X-Plane

Steven Messina 1430047

Steven Messina 1430047
Posted
Posted

I saw a previous topic however they were using FS.

I have Windows 10 everything on there is mapped to my Logitech H390 headset. When I go to the settings in SB and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign PTT to the button on my yoke a code 21 automatically appears and I don't recall depressing the mic key first and the number being [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned so not sure mic is properly mapped to SB,

On my headset there is a mute button on the cord, I have to press it for voice transmission. Ideally I want to leave the mute button open/on and control all voice transmission through my mic key on my yoke though that hasn't happened. If anyone has ideas how or if this is possible I'd appreciate the help.

Thank you

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming Logitech didn't change anything in the yoke, make sure the little 3-position dial on the right handle (it would be under your index finger) is in it's middle position (position 2) before you try to set the XSB buttons - it works by indicating that a button is pressed for positions 1 & 3, and XSB will pick up on that first.

Similarly, if you have any other peripherals with joystick mapped toggle switches, make sure they're in their "neutral" position too.

I've not heard of mute switches being mapped to HID, so I doubt you can just use the headset's mute button - if you're continuously transmitting, you must address that first.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Steven Messina 1430047
Posted
Posted

Thanks Chris, it was a mapping issue and the mic button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by SB was not the one which would activate my mike. Changed the code and all works well.