You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Headset

Chad Walser 819558

Chad Walser 819558
Posted
Posted

New topic of an old topic, however, technology changes.

I am looking to purchase a USB mono headset for the ATC side but wondering what is good and what is bad. What are/have you used that is quality but not overly priced?

Thanks in advance.

CW

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

I've been using the same Plantronics C210-M since ~2009. Plantronics replaced it with a C310-M now but I imagine it's just as good.

Only reason I've ever had to replace a Plantronics anything is because I've lost it. It's worth the extra couple of bucks in my mind.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Craig Watt 1432888
Posted
Posted
I've been using the same Plantronics C210-M since ~2009. Plantronics replaced it with a C310-M now but I imagine it's just as good.

Only reason I've ever had to replace a Plantronics anything is because I've lost it. It's worth the extra couple of bucks in my mind.

My Fiancee brought me plantronics headset she had from work that they didn't need, I cant remember what model it was but it was fantastic, as I use FS2crew aswell which is voice recognition. Though my labrador pup decided to chew the wire , so that was the end of that. I changed to philips which cost me £12 in a local electronic shop. They do the job but not as good in my opinion as the plantronics. If I where to change them Id probably go for turtle beach or something similar.