You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cant log into vatsim

Travis Haire 1435305

Travis Haire 1435305
Posted
Posted

hello all, ive just installed xsquawkbox and im getting an error message every time i try to login saying that my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word/id is invalid (6). im copying and pasting everything that has came from the email, and im not sure why i cant connect. any help is appreciated

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Make sure you're not copying any blank spaces which shouldn't be there.

If you have created your account or changed your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word recently, allow up to 24h and try again.

That error only really appears when you actually enter an invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Me.

Travis Haire 1435305
Posted
Posted

i believe that was the case. I had just created my account and didnt allow for the 24 hour time span. thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
Len Krajewski 1438505
Posted
Posted

I have this problem and I cannot log into VATSIM through XSquawkBox. I registered about four days ago and when I log in I am presented "Invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (6). I have my login and pw from the email and I am putting it in my hand, not copying and pasting.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Len, as stated in other posts, having entered something wrong is the only reason you'd get that error from XSquawkBox. Make sure that you are copying everything just as it is, including capital and small letters.

In addition, check out to see if you're putting in any spaces there shouldn't be. This happens more often than you may think.

Me.

Len Krajewski 1438505
Posted
Posted (edited)
Make sure that you are copying everything just as it is, including capital and small letters.

Thank you Nestor.

Yes, I have the email up behind a windowed X-Plane. I activate XSquawkBox and while looking at my ID and PW in the email, I type it in to XSB. There are no characters that provide any ambiguity. I have hand typed and I have copied and pasted, verifying there are no additional spaces/characters entered. I have had someone else enter in the ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. (meaning my wife, on my computer) No joy.

Edited by Guest

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

You may want to delete the last part of your post, as you are likely to get your account suspended for that...

If you have tried connecting to several servers, try opening a ticket with the membership department at membership.vatsim.net.

It sounds awkard though that you can log into the forums and not into the network.

Me.

Len Krajewski 1438505
Posted
Posted
It sounds awkard though that you can log into the forums and not into the network.

And this is the exact reason why I am questioning why it's not working. I have used the same login and pw to do this with no luck. I have changed between a half a dozen servers, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it could be a server issue as well. I will submit a ticket. Thank you again for your help.

I did edit my post and clarified what I meant.

• 3 months later...
John Huber 1448241
Posted
Posted

I'm having this same issue. I've not waited 24hours, however. I didn't know that was necessary since the message I received was that the service was available "immediately."

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted
I'm having this same issue. I've not waited 24hours, however. I didn't know that was necessary since the message I received was that the service was available "immediately."

Hi John, and welcome to VATSIM. While it's true that the "service" as a whole is available immediately, due to the nature of the network, and the multiple servers that it actually composes, it can take some time to update every server with your account information. You may find that minutes after joining, a particular server will let you connect, but the rest will not...etc. I'd recommend giving it at least a few hours though, it's a perfect time to read over the Code of Conduct (www.vatsim.net/coc) and the Pilot Resource Center (www.vatsim.net/prc) to make sure your first connection gets off on the best foot possible!

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

• 2 weeks later...
Amilcare Canali 1449601
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

sorry for disturbing you, I'm new to VATSIM, but I have the same problems as the ones of the others pilot.

Can you help me?

Best.

Amilcare

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Really new, like within the last 24 hours?

Hi, and welcome to VATSIM. I understand it must be really frustrating not to be able to get online.

I'm wondering if you've overlooked the "server data push/sync within the first 24 hours" limitation.

The most common reason for this error for new members is trying to log in within 24 hours of activating or reactivating an account, or a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word change. The servers are all linked, but membership data (including new and updates) only get pushed to each server every few hours (staggered throughout the day). We mention this on the Join and Member Support pages, but it's often overlooked in folks' zeal to get online.

It can take up to 24 hours for new or reactivated VATSIM membership records to be flowed to all of the distributed VATSIM servers, as the membership information is flowed to the servers via daily server synchronizations. If, within the first 24 hours, you cannot log onto the server of your choice, you may have to try different servers until you find one that has already been synchronized. You should only open a member support ticket if you still cannot log onto ANY server AFTER 24 hours has elapsed since your reactivation.

You can try the various servers to try to find one that has already been pushed your membership information. Or, in the meanwhile we welcome you to the opportunity to read up on our Pilot Resource Centre.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Amilcare Canali 1449601
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

I Apologize for my mistakes

Thank you vero much; now it works perfectly.

Best

Amilcare

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

No worries; just wanted to explain. Welcome!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 1 month later...
lance miller 1453981
Posted
Posted

Wow I think Im the newest member here today, and I had no problems the first few flights I made today, I mean I was still learning! But then a few hours later I couldnt get any other people online to show up, or ATC.

Anyway I came here and found the answer...maybe I should give it 24 hours or so !!!!!!!Thanks !!!!!!

Lance

• 3 weeks later...
Christian Haerter 1455640
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem as my colleagues. I also get this error message. Funny white I can log in with the login data in the forum just not on the Cleint X-plane 11

• 1 month later...
Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Hi!

a few days ago I installed the CSL files to my XsquakBox

after I opened X-plane I opened the window where you fill your flight number and airlines etc. to connect to vatsim.

when I hit connect it showed me a purple m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]age but then X-plane crashed.

I tried connecting to vatsim 4 times and every time it crashed.

anyone know what to do?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Yuval, just replied to you in one of the other places you asked.

Me.