You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Event Dates

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom Sirs or Madams,

Is there any way that the Vatsim forums' event subforum's all Vatsim events can be in chronological date order, please? Because of m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive mix of many events not in date order, I accidentally missed two important Vatsim events.

I know about event section on homepage of Vatsim but it never lists ALL events mentioned in the Vatsim forums' event subforum.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Hi Aharon,

The forum will show the threads in the order in which they were posted in (or the ones that have received a reply most recently). However, there is a neat page on the vatsim website with a rather high variety of events (ordered chronologically ). https://www.vatsim.net/events

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
I know about event section on homepage of Vatsim but it never lists ALL events mentioned in the Vatsim forums' event subforum.

Nick, not sure if you missed this part, but just in case, here you go .

Is there any way that the Vatsim forums' event subforum's all Vatsim events can be in chronological date order, please?

Not that I know of Aharon. But generally, all events are posted on the website, except CPTs and some others which can be seen on the docomeent stated in this post.

Me.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for answers

Darn there has to be some way to put all events in chronological date order or otherwise I would accidentally miss some events. I missed 24 hour Sydney event and North Sea event!

Maybe clever programming of automatic export to online Vatsim operated spreadsheet from Vatsim forums that will show all events in date order?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Alessandro Buscaglione
Posted
Posted

I +1 this. It is a pain especially because it won't show CPTs and weekly events, informing the whole of the VATSIM community about there being a weekly event is impossible because of this. And it is even more of a problem regarding exams!

Could we not have a dedicated section somewhere that includes the weekly events allowing the vACC event directors to make them repetitive?

Alessandro Buscaglione

VATITA Director ACCIT1

[email protected] --- [email protected]

Andre Almeida
Posted
Posted

Hello Aharon.

As Néstor already said, some events do not get added to the main page, as according to the rules they're not supposed to be. However, every other event is added, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming obviously they are not published in the forums at the last minute. I have been adding the events lately, and unfortunately cannot do so every day, however I try to do it every 2 / 3 days. Which means, every event (with those few exceptions Néstor mentioned) following the rules (which recommend events to be published 2 weeks in advance) are added to the calendar.

Both Syndey and North Sea events were on the VATSIM main page calendar, and were shown on the main page on the day of the event. Syndey RealOps event was also advertised on both Facebook and Twitter.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
Néstor [...] Néstor

THANKS for writing my name corectly with those awesome spanish "é"s

Me.

Andre Almeida
Posted
Posted

Eheh, I have one of those as well, need to remember them. A pity VATSIM doesn't accept those letters. When I first registered I was "Andr Almeida". But we're getting off-topic I believe.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
VATSIM main page calendar.

I do not see calendar on Vatsim??? I see on Vatsim home page a web page called Coming Events.

Where is the Vatsim calendar that I must have failed to notice? VATUSA homepage has cool VATUSA calendar showing VATUSA events in date order

Also, like I said before, there has to be some way to list Vatsim events in chronological date order so that I as well as other people would not miss it. For imaginary example, today is Oct 13 and there is event for October 14 which can be buried deeply in page 3 of Vatsim event subforum of Vatsim forums meaning anybody would miss it for sure. I always have to check all four pages to find events because they are not in chronological date order.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
I do not see calendar on Vatsim??? I see on Vatsim home page a web page called Coming Events.

Same thing, different names. That's what you were initially asking for: A list with all events ordered in chronological order (with some specific exceptions).

Me.