You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Transparent TAG background

Matisse VanWezer

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I wanted to use the new r17 beta from Euroscope but the TAG background is black. I used to have a transparent tag, just until I hovered over the tag where it would give me a black background(detailed). Though with this update I continuously have the black background, not matter if the tag is detailed, tagged or untagged. The *new* "transparent TAG background setting is checked yet it stays there with a background.

Any ideas on how to revert it back to the *normal* settings?

http://prntscr.com/l8agdv (good tag v3.2)

http://prntscr.com/l8aghx (normal settings v3.2)

http://prntscr.com/l8agu3 (bad tag/r17)

http://prntscr.com/l8agxv (r17 setting)

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

You then might want to activate the same option also for the detailed TAGs (just above the one you already activated).

And BTW r18 is out by now.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply. It sadly doesn't change it since the tags keeps the black background.

Streaming Brussels Control since 2018 on MatisseRAdar - Twitch to create time lapses on YouTube and TikTok

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

That's definitely not the case in my setup. Do you use a plugin for the radar display?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the reply. It sadly doesn't change it since the tags keeps the black background.

Correction: It completely removes the background but I only want the background there when I hover over the tag.

untagged: off

tagged: off

detailed: on

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

I use VCA, vSMR & Topsky. But I don't think they may play a role though.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

All those plugins also do their own radar screens. So make sure the situation you are referring to is NOT drawn by one of those plugins.

But in any case, those three options do not work really according their naming. Looks like there is some more work needed on r18.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Patrick Weineis
Posted
Posted

Is confirmed by me

using also topsky

but also after deactivating of topsky, Nothing changed

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yeah, same happens to me using absolutely no plugins. On the last update there's a new checkbox in the Symbology Settings menu related to the TAG background (can't remember exactly what it says now), but it seems to have no effect for me.

All I can do is have the TAG background either always or never there. I believe before this update it was possible to show it only when showing as 'detailed'.

I'll drop a line over to Gergely and we'll see if he can help us out .

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

He seems unable to log into the forum for some reason, so I’ll post his reply for him:

Hi,

I do confirm that it is a bug in the latest beta. I also found a small rounding error that sometimes moves the simulated planes some distance to the prior position.

I already fixed them and I will publish it soon.

Gergely.

Me.

Matisse VanWezer
Posted
Posted

Appreciated!

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
Patrick Weineis
Posted
Posted
He seems unable to log into the forum for some reason, so I’ll post his reply for him:

Hi,

I do confirm that it is a bug in the latest beta. I also found a small rounding error that sometimes moves the simulated planes some distance to the prior position.

I already fixed them and I will publish it soon.

Gergely.

any News? nearly 2months with that problem

wish you all nice christmas

• 4 weeks later...
Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

A new beta has just been released where this issue is fixed.

Me.