You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRS F18 E

Dan  LeBlanc 1424567

Dan  LeBlanc 1424567
Posted
Posted

hello this is a first post for me . i use the excellent pay where VRS f18 e super bug, and i get a message when connecting to vpilot that it dose not recognize this model . this has just started when i updated vpilot any ideas on how to fix this ? thanks .

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Generally speaking you do NOT want high-end payware with every switch, dial, light, and stitch of fabric in the cockpit being rendered over and over again for every other player on the network. Three or four of them flying within a 40nm radius of you will slow your system to a crawl. Since the closest you'll see the other network users is a few hundred feet away, it makes much more sense to use an "AI model" which is a much more resource-conservative, external-only model used to represent other players.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

@Robert,

I believe the OP is saying that the VRS F18E is the aircraft he is flying in VATSIM, not that he is using it for Model Matching.

@Dan,

If I am correct in my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption to Robert, are you getting this warning after you enter your aircraft's ICAO? If so, what ICAO are you entering? All types of the F18, be they EA-18's, F-18E's, or other designs use a simple "F18" as the ICAO. If you are entering anything other than just "F18" as the aircraft you are flying that might be why. Of course...I could be wrong. Don't use vPilot much as long as FSInn still works for me.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is the EXACT error message you're receiving?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dan  LeBlanc 1424567
Posted
Posted

Randy ,you are correct . i am using the VRS F18 E .after reading your reply i went back in game and entered just "F18" and that seemed to work . if i select "F18E" or anything else for that matter, from the drop down list that comes open i get a message saying ,

"you have entered an unknown type code. this will prevent other pilots from seeing your aircraft with a correct model.are you sure you want to connect with this type code ? " yes or no .

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

The ICAO code for a F18 E Super Hornet is F18S. Use that.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

David Manson 1312117
Posted
Posted

Speaking of the VRS F18, does anyone know if their Superbug/Tack Pack Academic works in the P3DV4 Pro. They say I need to buy a $4,000.00 version to work in Pro.

600-by-157-Deputy-Chief-Final-Signature-Aug-27-2018.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Gotcha, Randy. Thanks for jumping in and clarifying. I always equate "unrecognized model" with model matching. I completely forgot that vPilot now screens for the user's correct ICAO.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png