You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

unable to set mode C on ground

steven jacobs 1377500

steven jacobs 1377500
Posted
Posted

Ok, so i seem to be having this issue where i am unable to set mode c on my transponder when im on the ground. Im not able to afford payware so i use nothing but freeware addons. the issue seems to be related to vasfmc, and yes i know that is antique, but its what i got. was wondering if anyone out there has ever dealt with this and may have a work around. its getting annoying having to explain to controllers that im "unable to comply until airborne" when asked to set mode charlie.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Which pilot client do you use? In some, you can set mode C directly from that.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

steven jacobs 1377500
Posted
Posted

Vpilot. And yes I should be able to set it manually however something with vasfmc is disabling my ability to. It just changes back to stby

KEITH GIANNONI
Posted
Posted

Just a thought. With some aircraft in Vpilot you also need to ensure your transponder is activated in the aircraft itself for Mode C to activate in Vpilot.

Keith

steven jacobs 1377500
Posted
Posted
Just a thought. With some aircraft in Vpilot you also need to ensure your transponder is activated in the aircraft itself for Mode C to activate in Vpilot.

Keith

all my aircraft are freewre, is this still the case? most of them are posky

steven jacobs 1377500
Posted
Posted

update on the probem....issue resolved. posting on my va page led me to a vatsim forum topic. apparently i had vasfmc set to automatic control over the xponder. now set to manual. thanks for the help