You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Syncing vPilot modelmatching with “complicated” aircraft

Collin Koldoff

Collin Koldoff
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am currently in creating modelmatching for the CS757 and Majestic Q400 with custom liveries but when someone connects with the correct callsign and aircraft type the aircraft shows up but does not have working landing gear unless I am in the same model. For the CS757 it does not show the winglets and it is synced to my aircraft (if my gear is down the aircrafts gear is down) is there anyway that I could fix this.

Regards,

Collin Koldoff

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

My guess is that those aircraft use some custom data sharing that makes it impossible to have separate gear state for your own aircraft versus AI aircraft.

Are you sure you want to use complicated add-on aircraft models for model matching? That can be a real frame rate killer.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Collin Koldoff
Posted
Posted

I was hoping to use the liveries that I already have created since making a new one would require a new model, do you know if I could take the FLAI models and put a livery on them and what the legal requirements are if I were to do so?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't know, you can check with the FLAi team about that.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Eddy Ruythooren 1373964
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone, just a question, as I only fly the GA RealAir LancairLegacy, Is there a modelmatching for this aircraft forseen in the future?

Grts Eddy

0.png

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
Hello everyone, just a question, as I only fly the GA RealAir LancairLegacy, Is there a modelmatching for this aircraft forseen in the future?

Grts Eddy

Eddy,

Installing model matching on your own computer is going to affect how you see other aircraft, not how they (or you) see your own airplane.

If your question is about whether FLAi will be able to include a LEG2 model such that other pilots will see you as a Legacy, I can tell you that at the moment FLAi has a rule that will model match a LEG2 to a Mooney Bravo, because we're not aware of a freeware, low poly model for the Lancair Legacy. If you happen to know of one, or find one, feel free to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] it along to us for evaluation.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Eddy Ruythooren 1373964
Posted
Posted

Thanks Evan , I ask this becorce I am not sure how other pilots see me at the airport, I think that I will be visual to them as Medium ,not as Small so maybe they wait 2/3 min before takeoff due to turbulense and as I am only LEG2 (high performence ) this is not needed , as info I have FLAI14 and see the other traffic Perfect and I understand that ATC knows that I am GA-small

So even if there is an MTL for the LEG2 this will only have influence on there visual image , is this correct?

Grts Eddy

0.png

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

If other pilots are using FLAi, and if you login using the type code "LEG2", other pilots will see you as a Mooney Bravo.

If we find a model for the LEG2 and add it, then yes, we can have other pilots/traffic see you as a LEG2.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Eddy Ruythooren 1373964
Posted
Posted

Evan, ok I understand that I will be visual to everyone using FLAI as Mooney Bravo

This is perfect for me, indeed the fact that I fly GA and the other pilots see me as Small makes it more real to everyone

If one day there is a LEG2 MTL it will only make e litle differance

Thanks /Eddy

0.png