You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Text Box

Alex Semenov 1370492

Alex Semenov 1370492
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to move the text boxes in version 1.3.3? They are stuck to the left top corner of the screen. In contrast I can move Who is Online box freely. I just left click on it and drag. Other text boxes do not move. Thnx.

I ran out of altitude, speed and ideas...all the the same time...

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
Is it possible to move the text boxes in version 1.3.3? They are stuck to the left top corner of the screen. In contrast I can move Who is Online box freely. I just left click on it and drag. Other text boxes do not move. Thnx.

A movable text radio window was never implemented or advertised, so this is not a bug. This will not be changing in the 1.x family either.

Also, as you felt it necessary to report this though the website too, I suggest you get a clearer idea of what the website form is for before you use it again. It is not for "XSB doesn't implement something I want". That's generally called a feature request, the policy about which is in this forum. (Also, if you had put a bit of effort in, you'd know this is already being addressed in 2.0 with the UI rework).

If you can point out where in the XSB manual it says the text radio can be moved, I'll happy treat it as a bug and fix the manual - otherwise, sorry, there is no issue here.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Alex Semenov 1370492
Posted
Posted

I suppose I should thank you for your well thought out response.

I searched Google and this forum but did not find anything before I reached out. Like I said the Who is Online box works. Others do not. To me it looked like it was a bug. It is fine if it was not. Not a big deal.

If you took the time to read the form submission before posting your pointed response here you would have noticed that the main text window is stuck open, regardless of the time limit set in options. I suppose it is not a bug either.

Cheers.

I ran out of altitude, speed and ideas...all the the same time...

Duncan White
Posted
Posted

No its not a bug.

You can setup a "toggle text key" in preferences to open & close the text window.

When the window is closed and a message is received the window appears for the "radio transmission hold time" then vanishes.

If on the other hand the text window is already open and a message is received, the text window stays open.