You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UTLive not showing in Vpilot models

Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

Im running p3d v4. I have UTLive, and that traffic is working fine. I haven't flown on vatsim for a while, but tonight I noticed that all the vatsim traffic was showing up as the standard white CRJ 700 airplane. I dug a little bit deeper and noticed that UTlive was not showing up in my model matching.

Vpilot is run as admin. I tried googling this topic but didn't really find anything that helped me.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What exactly do you mean by "UTlive was not showing up in my model matching" ?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

I mean that the models listed in vpilot does not point to any directory where the utlive models and liveries are actually placed. I guess that is why all the vatsim traffic is showing up as anonymous.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That means that the UT Live models are not configured in P3D as available simobjects. The folder that contains them needs to be listed in either an addon.xml file or in your main simobjects.cfg file. I'm not sure how UTLive traffic is appearing at all if the models aren't configured properly.

Andreas Stangenes
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid that is over my competence level

My UTLive files are located in c:\UTLive\ folder , and I guess there is some xml file in p3dv4 that takes care of it..?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you run the utLive application from the shortcut on your desktop? That should create the necessary entries in your simobjects.cfg file so that vPilot is aware that the models exist. Here's what the entry looks like in my simobjects.cfg file:

[Entry.10]
Title=utLive Aircraft
Path=D:\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

The file is located here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg

• 4 weeks later...
David Keech 840211
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue. Mine started after upgrading to version 4.4. I have the simobject entry in my simobjects file:

[Entry.11]

Path=P:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft

Title=utLive Aircraft

Required=True

Active=true

but whenever I select the UTLive for AI, i get that error message like above. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling, no go. It works fine offline, all the paints show up and move about. Any thoughts?