You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not receiving voice on vPilot - new install with windows 10

Ron Henderson

Ron Henderson
Posted
Posted

I just had a hard drive crash and am trying to get back up and running. Installed vPilot and can transmit, the controllers hear me fine, but don't receive any voice comms. I do receive the static sound when they transmit text, just no voice.

The blue RX light illuminates, but nothing.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Ron, sorry to hear about the hard drive crash -- those stink!

I'm running out the door so this will be pretty quick, but I've included a couple of ideas in the vPilot Troubleshooting Guide, notably around port forwarding and things that could be blocking the port connection. Take a peek and search on "blocking" to find the FAQ -- hope it helps, and let us know if it does or doesn't!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ron Henderson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help, but no luck. I have allowed vpilot through the windows defender and have no other anti-virus to worry about right now. I also forwarded the port to 3290. In the previous installation, I never had to forward the port. I am also not receiving voice on vERAM or vSTARS.

Ron Henderson
Posted
Posted

Ok looks like I have it fixed. Only thing I had left to do was disable UPnP. Works now, thanks.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Great, glad to hear it's working!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations