You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Request] Videomap increase

Dominic Nguyen

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

I've been noticing larger TRACON's, Updown's, and facilities that shares maps have quite a lot of maps. The RW allows up to 750 maps I think. Is there anyway to increase the amount of allowable maps per facility as well as being able to select multiple maps when adding them as an FE?

• 1 month later...
Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

Second this. The facility file allows you to load in excess of 100 maps, however the MAPS command (Ctrl-F2) will not let you select maps with triple digit indexes.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

• 4 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vSTARS version 1.1.8, which is currently in open beta, allows up to 400 video maps. If you would like to grab a copy, download it here:

http://vstars.metacraft.com/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ets/Files/Installers/vSTARS-Setup-1.1.8.exe

You do not need to uninstall the previous version before installing 1.1.8.

This version also fixes a bug with not being able to re-join a voice channel after leaving it.

Please give it a try and let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

I just noticed the issue with the DCB map number labels don't correspond to the map list. Some RW facilities for whatever reason have blank/reserved maps and are numbered differently. Maybe they don't recycle their old map numbers so they have to skip over it or simply it's a spot for future maps?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/476248989432283136/544297399133405185/SPOILER_unknown.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Or the skipped ones are maps that aren't used commonly enough to be displayed on the DCB, but you can still pull them up with the keyboard command?

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Sorry thought I replied to this already. I uploaded blank videomaps as a placeholder without checking the show list option. I can still use the keyboard. If they're not in the list it can't be pulled up by DCB or keyboard.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You should still be able to use the MAP command to select them ... what happens when you try?

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Now it does show the map for me, just not on the list. The map numbers aren't the same however on the DCB and the list

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's by design ... I realize it's different from how the real system works. I may change it at some point, but for now, if it bothers you, I recommend putting any maps that you don't want shown in the list at the end so they don't use up DCB numbers, if that makes sense.