You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

.wallop command for pilots in SB3.1

Michael Zazula

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted
i'm not very happy with how this feature has been implemented. recently a controlled had me holding short for traffic that was on LONG final, like 3NM, and I used .wallop to report him but nothing came of it

If you feel that the ATC currently being provided on the network is not sufficiently efficient I invite you to sign up and join the ATC ranks. Always looking for good people to control traffic.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

• 4 months later...
Grant Williams 1100689
Posted
Posted

Question. I have the old squawkbox I believe. Do I uninstall it and get the new version to use this or is there an update?

Grant Williams - 1100689

In honor and memory of Captain Howard Jones - Eastern Airlines 1954-1989

1100689.jpg

Tom Uytterhoeven 1151895
Posted
Posted
i'm not very happy with how this feature has been implemented. recently a controlled had me holding short for traffic that was on LONG final, like 3NM, and I used .wallop to report him but nothing came of it

It is the controllers responsability to give landing and takeoff clearances. Let's say you are holding short, the ATCO misjudged the situation and gives you a cleared T/O and the other pilot is coming in. Now if this would cause a problem for the arriving pilot that has to do a GA, the ATCO would have broken one of the basic rules of ATC'ing: Arriving traffic ALWAYS has priority on departing traffic.

Hope this helps

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Grant,

If you're using FS2002/2004 then SB3.1 will work. SB4 is pretty much the same as 3.1 except it is also compatible with FSX. If you're not having issues using SB3.1 and plan on continuing using FS9/2002, there's no real need to update.

Tom,

That post is almost 6 months old now .

Cheers!

Tom Uytterhoeven 1151895
Posted
Posted

Yeah Paul lol,

I was browsing the forums & didn't even take a look at the date of that post LOL :p

Cheers,

Tom

• Mats Edvin Aaro unpinned this topic