You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot is not finding FLAI

harrison woolley 1361545

harrison woolley 1361545
Posted
Posted

I have just done a full reinstall of p3d v4, and my FLAI folder is in a different drive to my sim but it worked fine before i did the reinstall. the add-on.xml folder is in p3d add ons folder where it before but v pilot can no longer it can't find it for some reason.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

There have been a few people reporting this issue in P3D v4.4. Someone posted the following on the FLAi Support Facebook group. Not sure if this will help you, but give it a try...

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg, and add the following:

[Entry.11]

Title=Flai

Path=F:\FLAI2\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=True

Where the path is wherever you have installed FLAi.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

harrison woolley 1361545
Posted
Posted

Thank you it is now working.

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

I can confirm this error as well.. will try the fix posted above. Fresh install of P3Dv4.4 and vpilot/flai on a fresh windows 10 install.

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

After adding the above entry to the simobjects.cfg and editing the location, vpilot asked on next load to rescan the new simobjects. Looks like 90% match rate now.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Apparently you're not supposed to do the SimObjects.cfg trick I posted above (because you'll be missing certain effects and textures). For whatever reason, on both of our developers' PCs, we were able to get FLAi working perfectly with 4.4 without anything special. but about 10% of people seem to have the issues mentioned here.

We're not sure why that is, and are inquiring on the P3D forums to see if we can identify anything.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

Evan do you think its a permissions issue with FLAI writing to the simobjects file itself? Maybe right click install as admin on the initial FLAI setup file would work?

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
Evan do you think its a permissions issue with FLAI writing to the simobjects file itself? Maybe right click install as admin on the initial FLAI setup file would work?

You are welcome to try that, but the latest feedback is we think there's something about vPilot that has changed regarding P3D v4.4. In the testing we've done, the users who are experiencing the issue you are have the models installed okay, and P3D recognizes the models, but vPilot doesn't.

What we don't know is why this is only happening to a select group of 4.4 users.

It sounds like the dev team is going to get in touch with Ross to try to identify whether an update might be needed.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Carlos Falcao
Posted
Posted
There have been a few people reporting this issue in P3D v4.4. Someone posted the following on the FLAi Support Facebook group. Not sure if this will help you, but give it a try...

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg, and add the following:

[Entry.11]

Title=Flai

Path=F:\FLAI2\SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=True

Where the path is wherever you have installed FLAi.

Sorry if sounds quite inexpert question: It has to be Entry.11 or you just followed your last entry on the simobjects.cfg? , mine goes as far as "Entry 09" , so i wonder if it should be [Entry.10] in my case. Thanks in advance.

DAVID LOPEZ 1306565
Posted
Posted

Hola I would like to add the traffic dealers, both in p3d and X - plane 11, the a330neo a330neo model = A330 - 941, because when you selected it on the client you don't recognize me from that plane.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

David, instead of posting 3 times the exact same thing in multiple threads, you should rather start a new one yourself (if it hasn't been answered by someone else before) in the corresponding section.

From my experience here, crossposting is actually one of the ways of getting less people to answer your posts.

• Like 1

Me.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Nestor's advice about not crossposting is spot on. Since one of them was posted in Squawkbox and that is completely irrelevant to David's request, and moreso it was a thread hijack making it even more irrelevant, I removed the post from the Squawkbox forum.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Evan Hardin
Posted
Posted

I'm also experiencing this issue. I did a clean install of windows 10 and p3d 4.4. I used the simobjects entry discussed above and it appears to have fixed it.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
Sorry if sounds quite inexpert question: It has to be Entry.11 or you just followed your last entry on the simobjects.cfg? , mine goes as far as "Entry 09" , so i wonder if it should be [Entry.10] in my case. Thanks in advance.

You're correct, you would take the next number. In your case, [Entry.10] sounds right.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
Hola I would like to add the traffic dealers, both in p3d and X - plane 11, the a330neo a330neo model = A330 - 941, because when you selected it on the client you don't recognize me from that plane.

David, I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you asking for us to add a certain model to the FLAi collection? If so, could you provide a link or a bit more information about the model you are referring to? If not, then could you re-phrase?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
I'm also experiencing this issue. I did a clean install of windows 10 and p3d 4.4. I used the simobjects entry discussed above and it appears to have fixed it.

We are trying to narrow down this issue. The working theory is that, somehow, vPilot doesn't seem to recognize the models in P3D v4.4, for some users only. Before you do the SimObjects.cfg trick I mentioned above, you can install FLAi and will see it enabled as an add-on in P3D. We have also confirmed the models are accessible inside P3D by flying one of them around in the simulator. However, for whatever reason, vPilot doesn't pick up on or display them -- for some people only. For others, it works fine.

The SimObjects.cfg trick I mentioned is not the ideal solution, so we are working with Ross to try to determine if there is a vPilot update that might be needed. However, as of yet, we haven't found anything. If/when we do, we'll either release a new version of FLAi or a new version of vPilot, depending where the issue lies.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

What's interesting is even when I check the "run as administrator" box on the setup.exe- windows still gives me the message that it protected my PC, and I have to go to "run anyway" - I wonder if windows is blocking the install at some point? I know this can be quite a rabbit hole, when the problem may be just something with Vpilot.

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

Looks like the addons.cfg method causes visual artifacts (cloud flashing), since the entire addon is not loaded into the sim.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
Looks like the addons.cfg method causes visual artifacts (cloud flashing), since the entire addon is not loaded into the sim.

FLAi has nothing to do with clouds or other visuals. Just aircraft models.

Are you saying that you have other add-ons, and that those other add-ons (which also use the add-ons.xml file to enable in P3D) are not working?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Brendan Ratchford
Posted
Posted

No - rather, using the simobjects.cfg method to add FLAI only adds the aircraft partially (misses textures and effects, that are listed in the add-on xml file that FLAI installs). This causes clouds to flash due to "incompatible AI" - when I remove FLAI from the current scenario (by stopping Vpilot) the cloud flashing goes away. Of course FLAI is compatible- I've never seen this before since in 4.3 FLAI was able to be recognized by vpilot without adding it to the sim manually. But the simobjects method only adds part of the model, which is why I recommend waiting for a fix instead of using that method.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125168&start=15

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes. That's why I've been saying all thread that the SimObjects.cfg trick is not an ideal solution.

We're in the process of some troubleshooting/data-error collection in vPilot now, with the hopes we can narrow something down.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Roman Ivanov 1394052
Posted
Posted

Hello, I have the same problem with vpilot not being able to detect FLAI folder after update to P3D V 4.4. Any success with investigating a way to fix this problem?

Timothy Merz 1062893
Posted
Posted

Same here. For some reason vpilot is able to display the AI traffic but without the liveries. In EHAM I see B777, B737 and B747 but in there standard livery or just white.

Hope there is a fix soon

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, thus far, we are unable to determine why it's working fine for many, and not working for others. Each of our developers aren't have the issue, and since we can't duplicate it, it's very difficult to know where to start.

Stay tuned.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

So any updates?