You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM ID and password not saved in SimBrief

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I'm using SimBrief to create my flight plans and for some reason when filing my flight via SimBrief bringing up the form seen below, my VATSIM ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are no longer pre-filled like they used to be.

Any idea what could be the cause?

8Dj1AC6.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Do you allow the website to store yummy cookies in your browser?

Me.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Yep

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

This is the form used and I'm thinking it might have to do with the VATSIM SSO stuff.

https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/file.php

Not sure though why it doesn't pick up my credentials anymore.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

When I logon to these forums, I get the screen below where I need to confirm my identity. As you can see, the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word has a red cross which I guess means the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word isn't saved.

Not sure though if that explains why the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word field sending flight plans using the link above isn't automatically populated anymore. And how to get a green check also for the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Np8ZrMh.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Negative, the cross in the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word field is completely normal. What that shows is what data the website will be able to get from your profile if you press "Confirm".

Just one more question: If you close your browser and inmediately open it again, do you have to press the "login" button to access the forums or do you already appear logged in?

Me.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Ah, I see.

Just tried what you suggested and I'm already logged in when starting up the browser again.

Richard Åsberg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Should've realized this earlier.

That p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is stored by your browser, unlike the forums "already logged in" cookie.

When you file a flightplan, check the right side of the url box and press on the key. You should see the option to save the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word there.

bIbaxak.png

Me.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

I don't have such a key in my browser's (Chrome) URL field I'm afraid.

What I find strange is that Chrome normally always offer to remember both user names and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words for pretty much every site I visit. But in this case, it does remember by VATSIM ID (when I click the VATSIM ID box my VATSIM ID pops up so I can click on it) but for the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word...I have to type it manually every time.

Really odd because as mentioned earlier, this used to work just fine. I actually remember having the very same issue when I tried out MS Edge for a while and then all of a sudden it just worked. Can't remember I did anything to make that happen though.

Not a super big deal. I've learned my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word by heart now after all the times I've typed it. Would be nice though to figure out what the actual culprit is.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Would still really love to know what is causing this.

Can't believe I'm the only one having this issue all of a sudden?

Richard Åsberg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Richard, I'm 100% sure it's got to do with the configuration of your browser (aka: Nothing to do with VATSIM website).

If you are using Chrome (which I believe you are), check out the 'Stop saving p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words' section in the following link and do the completely opposite thing (where it tells you to turn off 'Offer to save p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words', you turn it on instead):

Google Support Guide

Cheers,

Me.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link but I already have Chrome configured to save p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words and it's working perfectly fine for any other website where both my usernames and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words are saved with no issues.

What is so weird and as mentioned above, I had this issue before and all of a sudden it started working again without me realizing what I did to make that happen.

Oh well, not a big deal. I'll just keep typing my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. At least it remembers my VATSIM ID. The VATSIM ID field isn't pre-populated which is usually the case for other websites. But it does show up when I click the VATSIM ID field allowing me to pick my VATSIM ID from a small list.

Richard Åsberg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You can try going to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words.google.com & seeing whether you inadvertently checked for it never to remember your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for that specific site. Any such sites would appear at the very bottom of the resultant list.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Already checked but that list was empty.

Thanks anyway

Richard Åsberg

• 3 months later...
Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Long after posting about this issue and after learning to live with it I finally found the solution by chance!

It had nothing to do with my browser or anything like that. Or at least not directly. What I found fixed the issue was when I went to https://stats.vatsim.net/dashboard.php where I was asked to logon using my Vatsim ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. After entering my credentials, answering 'Yes' to the question from Chrome if I wanted to save the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word as well as checking the box to stay logged on, I finally have the Vatsim ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word fields in SimBrief pre-filled again!

Just thought I would share it should anyone else end up with the same issue.

Richard Åsberg