You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3d V4.4 question

Ryan McLeod 1177597

Ryan McLeod 1177597
Posted
Posted

Hey guys probably not in the right spot to post this if so i apologize. quick question ever since i bailed on fsx i went to x-plane 11 i really liked it but i dunno part of me just missed fsx's addons chase plane pmdg etc. so i purhcased p3d v4.4 everything was good till i realized the airports are the same as 2006 so a lot of airports are not usable for flying online. when i had fsx i could just go and get afcad updated airports and seemed to do fine. but on a recent search i realized there really isn't any afcad updated airports for p3d v4 pretty much all are just still fsx. i read that they dont work with p3d v4. basically my question is there a way to update these airports with out buying every payware airport out there?cause if thats the case i might as well stick to x-plane 11. any advice or input would be appreciated.

thank you

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Ryan,

95% of FSX and P3D v3 scenery works fine in v4 so your best bet is to carry on as you were in FSX - look for the latest AFCADs you can find and give them a go.

Obviously "native" v4 sceneries are the first preference, but all is not lost if there isn't a dedicated v4 scenery available!

Vice President, Pilot Training

Ryan McLeod 1177597
Posted
Posted

thanks simon for the response. how do you install the fsx afcads in p3d? before in fx you just went into the addon scenery folder and drop the 2 files. i dont see that file anymore in my root p3d location

• 1 month later...
Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

I use only manual installation.

In P3D you can put addon sceneries anywhere e.g. external HD. Each scenery can be put anywhere, by must be organized /Scenery and optional /Textures. In P3D you select location and activate/deactivate each scenery individual.

In P3D you can configure the default addon scenery location.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png