You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS2004 / Squawkbox / FSinn woes

Chris Horsfield 953288

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I have been away from Flight Sim for a few years now, but I am back and glad to be back!

However..!

I am very loyal to FS9 (FS2004) and want to continue using it for a number of reasons.

I have installed Squawkbox4, to connect to VATSIM, but when I try to connect it doesn't present me with a list of any servers to connect to.

I have tried FSInn and used that for a couple of flights, but I cannot use voice, it doesn't give me any options anywhere to enable voice.

Is it virtually impossible for me to use FS2004/Squawkbox/FSinn with voice these days for online flying?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I recommend using Vpilot instead of Squawkbox or FSinn. Both Squawkbox and FSinn have not been updated in a number of years, where as Vpilot is fully supported and updated by it`s developer.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

I have installed Squawkbox4, to connect to VATSIM, but when I try to connect it doesn't present me with a list of any servers to connect to.

I have tried FSInn and used that for a couple of flights, but I cannot use voice, it doesn't give me any options anywhere to enable voice.

Chris.

I still use FSinn when flying on my FSX (PMDG MD11) and find that it doesn't play nice with any of the other connection software.

If you have opened Squawkbox4 (or Vpilot, or VRC, or Euroscope) at any point in the past without resetting your PC, you're going to have to shut down that PC to get it to work again. It seems it can't see when the other program has shut down and regain control of the port.

Remember that FSinn is actually a master program called FScopilot, which runs several separate programs, one being FSinn and the other being vvl - the FSinn voice system.

I'd suggest you try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ttcgjbsztkil2e3/AABOejpzFeMzrc4KZ-UBDVbRa

or viewtopic.php?t=20466

to double/triple check it's been installed properly. If there's one thing about FSinn, it was that it was complicated to get installed correctly.

Always reset your PC after installing anything. And - for FSinn - any time you have launched Squawkbox, VRC, Euroscope etc, reset the PC before trying FSInn

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted
vpilot doesn't work with FS9!

You need to update your server list: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23033

Yeah I have seen this, but I don't understand what to do with it

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris,

start Regedit.exe . In there insert the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Level 27 Technologies\SquawkBox\3\Networks\VATSIM to find the directory where Squawkbox stores the set of servers.

Compare the IPs that are stored in "Address0" to "Address9" with the IPs in the linked thread. You can start off with "Canada", that would be "Address0". If that one is correct, start your SIM and Squawkbox and try to connect to "Canada" to see if it works at all.

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted
Hi Chris,

start Regedit.exe . In there insert the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Level 27 Technologies\SquawkBox\3\Networks\VATSIM to find the directory where Squawkbox stores the set of servers.

Compare the IPs that are stored in "Address0" to "Address9" with the IPs in the linked thread. You can start off with "Canada", that would be "Address0". If that one is correct, start your SIM and Squawkbox and try to connect to "Canada" to see if it works at all.

I can't see any IP or addresses....

https://imgur.com/a/qXBDTAi

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted
It should have written them there. Have you installed Squawkbox "As Administrator"?

Hi Andreas,

I just installed it in the normal fashion. I am able to run it as administrator....

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted
I did install it "As Administrator" on Windows 10 and I have a list of valid servers in my Regedit.

It is still saying the same as before, even after installing as Administrator.

I have noticed that it is Squawkbox 3 that it is looking for, I have installed SB4, which is the only available download.

Chris

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted
I did install it "As Administrator" on Windows 10 and I have a list of valid servers in my Regedit.

It is still saying the same as before, even after installing as Administrator.

I have noticed that it is Squawkbox 3 that it is looking for, I have installed SB4, which is the only available download.

Chris

Hi Andreas,

I managed to find a download of SB3 and I am now able to communicate on VATSIM, thank you very very much for your help!!

Chris

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I managed to find a download of SB3 and I am now able to communicate on VATSIM, thank you very very much for your help!!

Chris

Oh God, you're back....

Only joking mate - good to see you sorted. Now...:

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/35723-29th-december-1900-2200z-hogmanay-fly-in/

Trevor Hannant

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

Chris

Oh God, you're back....

Only joking mate - good to see you sorted. Now...:

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/35723-29th-december-1900-2200z-hogmanay-fly-in/

Oh christ, typically, that weekend I will be away! Next time tho Trev!