You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 Real World Weather Addons?

Chris Horsfield 953288

Chris Horsfield 953288
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Exactly what it says on the tin!

Are there any real world weather add-ons that still support/work with FS9?

I've pretty much drawn a blank on all the old ones I used to use and despise the Squawkbox weather!!

Any help/info greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's been many many years -- probably 11 or so -- since I used FS9, but off the top of my head check into FSRealWX (freeware) or ActiveSky Evolution or FSGRW (both payware).

And in my opinion please don't try to use SquawkBox weather. It's garbage.

Edited by Guest

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris,

I suggest you purchase FSGRW. Although made in Austria, it is the "Swiss Army Knife" for weather, because it works with FS9, FSX, P3D and X-Plane. So even if you decide to switch SIMs at some point, you will still be in business with FSGRW. I have been using FS9 earlier this year before I bought a new computer and switched to X-Plane 11.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

I use FS9.I got FSGRW simply because you can use it in multiple sims, and I am happy with it.

nebojsa

• 2 weeks later...
Dominic Russell 866138
Posted
Posted

100% agree with the posts for FSGRW. I got it earlier this year for FS9 and I hope it will work for some time as it is excellent.

19.png

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

I have been using Activesky Evolution for about 4 years with FS9 but it will not load for me anymore. The problem started just about January 3. I have been using Vatsim weather but I guess changes are in the near future for me. I was going to re-load FSE but it seems not to be available anymore.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted
I have been using Activesky Evolution for about 4 years with FS9 but it will not load for me anymore. The problem started just about January 3. I have been using Vatsim weather but I guess changes are in the near future for me. I was going to re-load FSE but it seems not to be available anymore.

Its still there in the HiFi download section

Regards, Rog Hanson

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

I do not see an option to re-install the program ASE, only upgrade options on the site.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

Where did you originally purchase ASE? I got it on SimMarket and the download is available after logging in to the site. If you got it directly from HiFi, you can email them or check the support forum and they can probably help out. I used it yesterday and everything (including the weather server) seemed to be working normally.

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

I got it from Hi-Fi so I will email them. I still have my key code. I am glad to know it is still a working platform for FS9, thank you.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

Daniel, I was able to re-load ASE after going back to Simmarket where my download history is stored. Thanks for the info.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

Great!