You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Website down?

Collin McCord

Collin McCord
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm brand new here, and was going to head over to the VATUSA website but it didn't seem to work. I tried three different browsers, Opera, Chrome, and Firefrox, and it didn't load in any of them. Is http://www.vatusa.net still the correct address or is it just my end, or is the website actually down. Thanks in advance.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That's the correct address; looks fine to me at this time.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Collin McCord
Posted
Posted

I don't know what the problem is because I tried it on my phone and its working fine, so it seems to just be my computer.

Collin McCord
Posted
Posted

I've spent the last 2 hours trying everything I can find about getting websites to load, and nothing seems to work. I'm nearly on the verge of giving up. Any help would be appreciated. Also to note, is that the main site vatsim.net, every time I go to enter the site my browser tells me it is not safe, and after having problems with the vatusa site I'm starting to think they're not safe.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

With VATSIM having over 80,000 active members, many using the VATSIM website and forums each day, and VATUSA having about 20,000 active members, many using the VATUSA website and forums each day, and no one else reporting this type of issue, plus the fact that you can access them fine from your phone, I can tell you with reasonable certainty that the VATSIM and VATUSA websites are safe and the problem seems to be on your end, particularly with your computer. Sorry, I wish I knew how to help you fix it. Perhaps try checking your spam/AV programs and allow exceptions and see if that helps. Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Collin McCord
Posted
Posted

I honestly appreciate you even replying, and I seem to be making some progress, since the website for my ARTCC that I'm interested in (ZKC) is working now, so at least thats working.

Collin McCord
Posted
Posted

Welp, good and bad news. The vatusa website is working on my computer, but when I click the login button it does nothing. Gonna try to trouble shoot this some, but I've made progress!

• 2 months later...
Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Website down again.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Scott Greene
Posted
Posted

Down for us too...

Scott Greene