You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Check if your conencted to Unicom when ATC is offline.

Isaac Elsner

Isaac Elsner
Posted
Posted

So reason I'm posting this is while I was flying When I checked the radio I wasn't connected to Unicom when I was supposed to. Remember to always check if you are connected to Unicom.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Remember when good ol' FSUICP always had a Unicom tab that was constantly connected to anything happening on 122.80 and you didn't have to tune anything

I've done the whole "Type on Vpilot with the radio Com1 set to 122.80" thing, then looked down to realise my PMDG 777's Com 1 radio is unselected and I've been transmitting on 136.975 or something lol.

The other good one is the LDS767's Elec Hydraulic switch can turn the whole radio connection in Vpilot off. The frequency numbers will come up, but it will never "Tune" unless the Hydraulics are on.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
The other good one is the LDS767's Elec Hydraulic switch can turn the whole radio connection in Vpilot off. The frequency numbers will come up, but it will never "Tune" unless the Hydraulics are on.

That means LDS connected the hydraulics switch to either the master switch or avionics switch variable in simconnect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC