You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection Error in busy environment

Xander Koote

Xander Koote
Posted
Posted

Hello,

as I am typing I have been trying to connect vPilot for more than an hour in Frankfurt. I keep getting constant authentication response timeout. I then placed my flight on an airport without ATC or airplanes and suddenly the connection works. When I try to place it back in Frankfurt of course vPilot disconnects first, then tries to reconnect when the new location is set causing the same error over and over. Flight is thus cancelled. I can't reference to this anywhere. Am I the only one ever to experience this? Frankfurt is really busy with multiple controller and aircraft. I tried on January 18th. From 1900-2000 UTC in EDDF

Xander

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

This is not a vPilot error. A server authentication error is generally something to do with the server. Did you try a different server? If not, and the error persists, suggest trying a different server.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Xander Koote
Posted
Posted

Hello Don,

as mentioned above, I tried ALL the servers in vPilot when I was parked in EDDF. On TNCB where there was no other ATC/Pilot it logged on on first try. There were 17 aircraft and at least 20 ATC units nearby. Could that have played a role in the authentication timing out?

Xander

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I did not infer from the above that you "as mentioned above... tried ALL the servers". Don't know. I've been doing this for over 11 years and don't recall folks having that type of issue. Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 1 month later...
Daniel Dietz 1177807
Posted
Posted

Hey, check our topic, simulare issue i guess:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=77909

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've just released version 2.1.19 which should fix the auth timeout. You can get the new version through the automatic update if you have it enabled, or by downloading from the site:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC