You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Online Aircraft Quality

Hayden Gonzales

Hayden Gonzales
Posted
Posted

Hi, I use Vatsim on X-Plane 11 and was wondering if there was a way to improve the visual quality of other online aircraft. Currently they are VERY blurry and seem to be floating above the ground. Thanks!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Floating can't be solved (yet). Aircraft resolution will vary not only with the CSLs quality, but also depending on your setting for "Texture Resolution" in the sim.

Me.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Hayden,

which model set do you have installed?

I suggest you go and fetch the BlueBell Model Set: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37041-bluebell-obj8-csl-packages/

The issue with floating or sunk-in aircraft will be solved at some point. A new version of XSquawkbox is on its way and a new client, called "swift", is being developed and tested at the moment.

Matt Mamuzich
Posted
Posted

Turning off "Runways follow terrain contours" nearly completely fixed the floating for me.

• 3 months later...
Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have a problem with the online aircraft.

when I connect to Vatsim (In X-plane 11) all of the online aircraft disappear and reappear about 3 times in one second.

Also I can't see the yellow letter indicating the aircraft type instead I see yellow squares above the disappearing and reappearing aicraft.

Also the online aircraft does not show as the correct aircraft type and in the correct livery.

Can anyone please help me?? I think It would be way more fun to play if the online aircraft would look how they should look.

Thank's alot

Yuval

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

I am using Xsquakbox.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you are experiencing trouble with your model sets. Make sure you have those model sets installed correctly inside the folder of XSquawkbox.

Otherwise give swift, another client for X-Plane, a try.

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

Do you mean the Bluebell CSL packs?

And how would installing model packs will help the disappearing and reappearing aircaft?

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

OK thank's!

Yuval Glikman 1437950
Posted
Posted

OK when I go to the XsquakBox - Resources - CSL I have 3 folders: one of them Is props the second is the jets and the third is

xsb_aircraft .txt.

when I enter the jets folder I have all the models but when I go to one of the models folder lets say the b738 I see only one livery which is the Sas livery. If i go to the b773 folder I see only the Boeing original livery.

all of the aircrafts in the folder have only one livery.

what should I do?

and how?