You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vERAM - 20 Maps

Andrew Morkunas

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

I do not know if this is deliberate or will be addressed in a future revision. I know that there is a limit of 20 map selections per map set. However when I switch to a different map set the same buttons are highlighted from the previous selection.

MZEZWyUrTJ2lDNqTOqmpKQ.png

pFceu8yoRcO8TYD0t7LzXA.png

Working 'top down' there are times I need to quickly switch between maps and keeping selections persistent between map sets would be helpful.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

I believe you're referring to the "bookmark" function? If that's the case, it reverts to the maps selected for that particular bookmark (convenient if you have, for instance, a bookmark set for CTR, 1 or 2 for APP sectors, etc. That way you have maps you need for that particular view. You can re-save the bookmark with the maps you want...and it will toggle them when you select that bookmark. Apologies if that wasn't what you were referring to.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

Dominic Nguyen
Posted
Posted

Not sure why you'd switch between GEOMAPs during regular controlling. The FE should set it up where you have your center maps and within those 20 maps you can configure TDM maps for top down usage. GEOMAP switches is usually because of different area's or different configurations

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

It's all about real estate, or lack there of enough screens. One airport that that was a different sector layout depending upon runway configuration. Then the need to quickly turn on a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C or D TRACON for an arrival. I realize that vERAM in not suited for TDM or the TRACON environment so the 20 maps limitation is a bit of a hindrance. I am just trying to make the workflow easier.

@Ken - I noticed that bookmarks change the map selections. Combined with the selecting a map set using MR that may be a solution. Question for Ross or anyone who knows, how may map sets can you have to select with the MR command?

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's been too long so I don't remember exactly, and I don't have time right now to look over the code, but I don't recall there being any limit to the number of GeoMaps you can select from with the MR command.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC