You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower View for Xplane 11

Franklin Wu 1439373

Franklin Wu 1439373
Posted
Posted

Hello fellow controllers!

I have tried to get tower view working with Euroscope V3.2 and Xplane 11. Each time I try to connect to the Euroscope proxy server (localhost) with "Enable Proxy" selected, the message "server could not be found" pops up. I'm using 6809 as the port.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or is there something that I have done wrong or missed?

Thanks,

Franklin

mfevam

Phil Dowling
Posted
Posted

Franklin...

Which Pilot client are you using? If it is xsquawkbox I don't believe it supports towerview. I may well be wrong and hope someone can confirm, but I have never discovered anything indicating that xsquawkbox supports this.

Perhaps swift might? I am unsure.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

It does work Make sure you are running proxy on Euroscope, and in x-plane, enter your own local IP instead of a server and hit connect. You might have to enable proxy in XSquawkBox, but I'm not sure.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Just in case: you can find your local IP in windows by selecting the Windows-key, then type "cmd" which will show you the command prompt. In there, type "ipconfig" and hit ENTER: voilá, there is your IP address.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you're running XSB and ES on the same machine, you should be able to use 127.0.0.1 as the IP address, regardless of what your actual local LAN IP address is. If you want to run XSB on a different machine from ES, then you'll need the IP address shown by ipconfig.

(The above works for the tower proxy server in vSTARS, and I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume ES as well.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Since I have been using swift exclusively for the last few weeks or months, I am not entirely sure, but I faintly remember that I had to use the machine's IP address and not just 127.0.0.1 to find ES's proxy. But I may be wrong.

Correction: I just tried it. You can just enter 127.0.0.1 as IP address for the server to connect to. You don't even have to start Euroscope's Proxy Server, it works just like this: connect Euroscope to VATSIM, connect XSquawkbox to 127.0.0.1. That's all.