You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

arguing on UNICOM?

Franz Ruettimann

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys

I hope i'm posting in the right place...just had a very bad experience on VATSIM and wanted to share it with you and know what you think about it. Here the exchange on UNICOM (I am the pilot EWG707):

- (1) LSZH push & start

- (2) LSZH push & start A44, rwy28

- (1) LSZH taxi to h/P RWY 16

- (2) LSZH taxi hp28 via N, F and A

- (1) 2you can go first, i'm holidng at RWY16

- (3) LSZH p/B B41, taxi rwy 28

- (2) 3 thank you, departure RWY 28 now

- (4) LSZH final RWY14 9 nm

- (5) Please stop arguing through UNICOM. Please PM if you need to sort something out

(......)

is that guy (5) telling us? I contacted him and he continued to tell me that i should not act like a 11 old child...

Is there one pilot here who can understand the behaviour of that guy? Just wanted to ask because it made me crazy...never have seen such a stupid behaviour in 12 years on VATSIM.

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Franz,

Are you sure he was talking to you?

Remember text range is based (loosely) on the principles of VHF radio so as you climb your send/receive range increases.

It's possible that the (5) was cruising at high altitude (and therefore both receiving from, and transmitting to, a very large area of a couple of hundred miles radius) and was referring to something on the ground at another airport so you wouldn't have 'heard' the other side of the conversation.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

when in doubt wallop a Sup or Admin and ask for [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

@Simon: Yes you're right. That would make sense...i was sure he was talking to me. Hmm did not think about what you said, but makes sense. Thank you!

@Richard: yes that what i did and he said that i could ignore him. But i was still wondering what he's problem was...

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

I think he may have been talking about somewhere else as well... I don't see ANY argument with your transcription. It's pilots calling out their intentions and while using different runways were polite to sequence themselves... I say two thumbs up to those involved.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Correct. It was a missinderstanding because i did not « see » the guy he was talking about and tought it was for me. I cleared it out with a supervisor.