You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Strip Retrieval

Johnathan McKiney 973523

Johnathan McKiney 973523
Posted
Posted

I've not thought too much about it until now. But, should I be worried that I'm not recieving flight strips in my Flight Strip Bay, but rather just Arrivals/Departures in my Aircraft List?

I've set up to recieve the info from KDAL and KDFW... But, here's the dealio - I'm not an active Controller. As a student, I'm only allowed to observe the main servers and whatnot until later on in our training.

I've considered that, and if that's the reason I'm not getting the flight strips, then that's cool. But I've thought that it could be an issue with the Aircraft Data port... Any thoughts?

Matthew Treptau 957518
Posted
Posted

If you are using VRC you select the aircraft, type .strip and press ENTER. Hope that helps!

Johnathan McKiney 973523
Posted
Posted

Thanks!

So, this isn't automatic, as I thought?

Matthew Treptau 957518
Posted
Posted
Thanks!

So, this isn't automatic, as I thought?

Not to my knowledge, you can have a look here for a list of all the other commands in VRC. http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/docs/command_reference.shtml

Johnathan McKiney 973523
Posted
Posted

Roger.

I appreciate it. I've been going through the list.. I'm still afraid to use a lot of the ocmmands, considering my position.

It'd be a Bad Thing for me to get booted out of the Academy before my first training session. LOL

Johnathan McKiney 973523
Posted
Posted

Another sidenote - Y'know how you select an aircraft and the transponder info turns yellow, and the callsign shows up in the bottom left hand corner?

I've been through the manual and I'm still not sure how to clear that. Figuring out how to drop strips would be cool, too..

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

ALT+Left Click clears individual strips from the bay. You have to check the "Auto-Add Arriva/Departure Strips" option in the Settings dialog (bottom-right corner) to have them added automatically

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Matthew Treptau 957518
Posted
Posted

to un-select an aircraft just press ESCAPE. Also, you can type .nostrips to clear all of the strips out of the flight strip bay.

Roger.

I appreciate it. I've been going through the list.. I'm still afraid to use a lot of the ocmmands, considering my position.

It'd be a Bad Thing for me to get booted out of the Academy before my first training session. LOL

When you are just an observer there are certain things that it will not allow you to do, so you shouldn't have to worry I don't think.

Matthew Treptau 957518
Posted
Posted

Correction to an earlier post, to add the flight strip you press the aircraft select key, not the enter key.