You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Front page advertising?!

Timothy Boger 942264

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

I'm going to sound sour.

Looking at the VATUSA front page, you notice two things:

1. A gigantic BOSTON TEA PARTY logo

2. Numerous VA advertisements.

First of all, why do we need a big ad on the front page for the Boston Tea Party. Is the news system not good enough? Event system not cutting it? It's showing favoritism to one ARTCC's event. Every ARTCC has some sort of event! Does that mean we get to put every event we ever have on the front page?

2nd...with the VA adverts. We know how to look for a VA. We know how to judge one when we see them on the scope. VATUSA's front page is about News and Reminders, not shameless plugs for your VA.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

When I look at your post, the first thing I see is an advertisement for ZMP (Signature)

Now, I'm not saying that isn't bad - it draws attention to your ARTCC; think of the vZBW thing in the same light.. they are staffing this event in one room, for the most part. If I was working alongside these fellows in that room, you can bet I'd want the Tea Party as heavily advertised as possible, because it gives more tin to push, and more interaction with the other controllers.

Its not a shameless plug if an organization that would benefit from this VA and its traffic makes an informative post about it

A shameless plug would be:

Question : I'm looking for a VA to join that flies to Lahr, Germany

My Response: Well, my airline, vMattAir, which is based out of Canada, has no flight to Lahr, but we do fly to Ottawa. Oh, and check out my website freewebs.com/mattair !!

Timothy Boger 942264
Posted
Posted

So Boston gets all the love and support because they get all the traffic and the other ARTCC's basically have to suffer because ZBW can one-up the system when it needs to.

Or is there a form on the website to submit picture advertisements to go in that spot? I want to use it for ZMP's next event. And so does every other ARTCC.

Timothy Boger

ZMP ATM!

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
So Boston gets all the love and support because they get all the traffic and the other ARTCC's basically have to suffer because ZBW can one-up the system when it needs to.

Or is there a form on the website to submit picture advertisements to go in that spot? I want to use it for ZMP's next event. And so does every other ARTCC.

I'm not sure how to address your concerns - I think its best if I let someone from within the VATUSA division take it from here

However, speaking for VATSIM as a whole - you are permitted to submit a press release on the VATSIM main page for your next event. Click here

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
I'm going to sound sour.

Looking at the VATUSA front page, you notice two things:

1. A gigantic BOSTON TEA PARTY logo

2. Numerous VA advertisements.

First of all, why do we need a big ad on the front page for the Boston Tea Party. Is the news system not good enough? Event system not cutting it? It's showing favoritism to one ARTCC's event. Every ARTCC has some sort of event! Does that mean we get to put every event we ever have on the front page?

2nd...with the VA adverts. We know how to look for a VA. We know how to judge one when we see them on the scope. VATUSA's front page is about News and Reminders, not shameless plugs for your VA.

Not to mention the ZJX event on the Very same day and same time almost....hmmm it didnt even make the page....

It's showing favoritism to one ARTCC's event.

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Brandon, you better get the blast shield ready, even though what you said may be truthful, this is a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive flame war about to happen.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Yes, but did either Jacksonville or Houston make a request to have their event posted on the VATUSA front page? Hmmm?

I doubt it's favoritism, it's more likely that some know how to better use the system than others.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
Yes, but did either Jacksonville or Houston make a request to have their event posted on the VATUSA front page? Hmmm?

I doubt it's favoritism, it's more likely that some know how to better use the system than others.

No...we use every advertising system available to us, from the report I got from our events coord back when I was DATM a news request was sent in and the date was secured before.

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted
Brandon, you better get the blast shield ready, even though what you said may be truthful, this is a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive flame war about to happen.

I'm sure he can handle it. It's obvious that Brandon is "a mudder".

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

James Brickell 852953
Posted
Posted

You know..I never really wanted to read silly posts on the VATSIM forums. I really wanted to be...a LUMBERJACK!

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

nah..no flame war here...Tom brings up a valid point and I gave my opinion on it. I didnt accuse any specific one of treachery or "sticking" it to another ARTCC

I'm sure he can handle it.

yup....honestly I'd be happy if this didnt become a flame war. Like I said before, Tom madesoem good points and if this is the only way that they can be addressed then so be it.

It's obvious that Brandon is "a mudder".

I thinks it funny how you can base "what I am" off of a few post I made questioning the reasoning for a pamplet.

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Well I've known Brandon long enough to know he is far from "a mudder", more of a "manatee watcher", or "watcher of the watcher of manatees".

pilot.gif

3712.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
Well I've known Brandon long enough to know he is far from "a mudder", more of a "manatee watcher", or "watcher of the watcher of manatees".

HEY!!!! I consider myself more of a......"Manatee man" or "sea cow lover"

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

I hate to be the one to bring this to you guys but all i've seen since day one (2001) is a bunch of insecure, ineffective, insufficient, make believe, [MOD-800012 RJ] leaders who don;t get the point. It's real simple you see. If you are trying to grow the "hobby" of virtual ATC i am behind you because we are here to learn from each other and entertain each other. All you title chasing, politically biased, [MOD-800012 RJ], [MOD-800012 RJ] who think you really have a life all i have to say is 2 things:

1) Without eachother there is no VATSIM so get over it. Vatsim is the byproduct.

2) ZJX, ZTL, ZID, ZME, ZHU, and ZDC are going to succeed because not me...but the pilots of ATPX, DVA, AVA, and CVA and others as well are all going to stand by what they see as results not what is said by the naysayers! I give 2 [MOD-800012 RJ] who has what connections or what political power. I survive in this music industry everyday and see the same thing all the time. The inept trying to convince the talented and productive what's best. SO here is my solution. Take it as you may. Everyone [MOD-800012 RJ] and work together toward progress or get a life. Haterism is lame and unproductive. I provide solutions, i don't judge. Who ever is throwing an event...why don't we all get behind them if it's a good idea? Try it ....Vatsim and VATUSA need it. I have seen and heard enough BS. You guys have got to kill the nonsense. There are about 100,000 members who have to suffer for it! I was one of them.

P.S. Jeff Williams told me I like to start drama...i guess he is right. I hate [MOD-800012 RJ] and I speak my mind...bad combination for Vatsim... too sensible.

Regards,

JX

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted
I hate to be the one to bring this to you guys but all i've seen since day one (2001) is a bunch of insecure, ineffective, insufficient, make believe, [MOD-800012 RJ] leaders who don;t get the point. It's real simple you see. If you are trying to grow the "hobby" of virtual ATC i am behind you because we are here to learn from each other and entertain each other. All you title chasing, politically biased, [MOD-800012 RJ], [MOD-800012 RJ] who think you really have a life all i have to say is 2 things:

1) Without eachother there is no VATSIM so get over it. Vatsim is the byproduct.

2) ZJX, ZTL, ZID, ZME, ZHU, and ZDC are going to succeed because not me...but the pilots of ATPX, DVA, AVA, and CVA and others as well are all going to stand by what they see as results not what is said by the naysayers! I give 2 [MOD-800012 RJ] who has what connections or what political power. I survive in this music industry everyday and see the same thing all the time. The inept trying to convince the talented and productive what's best. SO here is my solution. Take it as you may. Everyone [MOD-800012 RJ] and work together toward progress or get a life. Haterism is lame and unproductive. I provide solutions, i don't judge. Who ever is throwing an event...why don't we all get behind them if it's a good idea? Try it ....Vatsim and VATUSA need it. I have seen and heard enough BS. You guys have got to kill the nonsense. There are about 100,000 members who have to suffer for it! I was one of them.

P.S. Jeff Williams told me I like to start drama...i guess he is right. I hate [MOD-800012 RJ] and I speak my mind...bad combination for Vatsim... too sensible.

please....u need to get a life if anything...last thing i would worry about is this right here...

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
last thing i would worry about is this right here...

my point exactly. and responded in 6 minutes at 5 20 am but i need a life.

Regards,

JX

Travis Faudree 821145
Posted
Posted
hate to be the one to bring this to you guys but all i've seen since day one (2001) is a bunch of insecure, ineffective, insufficient, make believe, [MOD-800012 RJ] leaders who don;t get the point. It's real simple you see. If you are trying to grow the "hobby" of virtual ATC i am behind you because we are here to learn from each other and entertain each other. All you title chasing, politically biased, [MOD-800012 RJ], [MOD-800012 RJ] who think you really have a life all i have to say is 2 things:

He said he likes ZDC. I'll let it ride

Norm Hare 907837
Posted
Posted

Arguing about it here will get you nowhere. I would suggest emailing those at VATUSA who are in charge of such things to get your point across.

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted
All you title chasing, politically biased, brown nosing, [MOD-RJ 800012] who think you really have a life all i have to say is 2 things...

Your post is a series of contradicting and disrespectful remarks from someone who has no right to say those things. Who do you think you are? You don't know the VATUSA staff? You've never spoken to them on a personal basis? You rely on the things others say to piggyback on and send out plenty of fireworks to go along with the show.

The inept trying to convince the talented and productive what's best. SO here is my solution. Take it as you may. Everyone [MOD-RJ 800012] up and work together toward progress or get a life. Haterism is lame and unproductive. I provide solutions, i don't judge.

So your post is not considered hate? Telling people to shut the f*** up? Yeah that's right, you don't judge either (see above quotation)...

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I think I covered this once before with Lance's post but for the sake of clarity I'll cover it again.

Anyone who has a VATUSA ID/PW can submit news to the VATUSA site. There is a link at the top of the site cleverly labeled "Submit News". The graphics are limited to 450x200 pixels and the text needs to be kept to about 200 words. Any ARTCC or VA news that appears in my news queue there that fits that spec will be posted by me within 24 hours (typically much sooner than that, but I do have a life, you know). Because I work for VATUSA, if an ARTCC posts a fly in I will post that to the VATSIM Forum Fly In page for them if they haven't beat me to it. If it is ARTCC news that is posted (like ZTL's recent promo's) I will post that to the VATSIM VATUSA forum. I do not post VA news anywhere else; hopefully you guys already have a marketing person or persons who are doing that for you. If your news needs more than 200 words and/or one 450x200 graphic, provide a link to your web site and you can have as much filler content there as you like.

If there is a problem with any posted news I will email the poster with instructions on how to fix it such that it is acceptable. I think I am 100% on this so far.

Sorry to bust your conspiracy theories, but I don't think there is one here.

Kyle Ramsey

Johnathan McKiney 973523
Posted
Posted

Y'know what I think?

I think we all need to take a vacation to the Big Rock Candy Mountains. Chill, guys. I mean, I know I'm just a newbie, but stuff like this doesn't reflect well on VATUSA, and in turn, VATSIM as a whole.

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
All you title chasing, politically biased, brown nosing, [MOD-RJ 800012] who think you really have a life all i have to say is 2 things...

Your post is a series of contradicting and disrespectful remarks from someone who has no right to say those things. Who do you think you are? You don't know the VATUSA staff? You've never spoken to them on a personal basis? You rely on the things others say to piggyback on and send out plenty of fireworks to go along with the show.

The inept trying to convince the talented and productive what's best. SO here is my solution. Take it as you may. Everyone [MOD-RJ 800012] up and work together toward progress or get a life. Haterism is lame and unproductive. I provide solutions, i don't judge.

So your post is not considered hate? Telling people to shut the f*** up? Yeah that's right, you don't judge either (see above quotation)...

Well Nic, I wasn't talking about VATUSA staff. I was talking about everyone who I consistently see here causing problems trying to hold back progress, play the blame game, defend the blame game, and all around never work together to get anything accomplished. VATUSA staff consists of less than 20 guys. The problems are caused by a whole lot more. This stems from a bigger problem and trend I've noticed & is the reason we are having this discussion. As for the conspiracy theories, whether I agree or disagree is pointless...point is everytime something goes wrong I see finger pointing and blaming, and the blamed getting defensive, and vice versa...i've never pointed a finger at anyone for anything and everytime I've had an issue I've worked my way around it and took my own advise.

So no telling ppl to hush the nonsense isn't being a hater, and judging an organization's effectiveness and performance according to its results is not judging a person...and that's how it needs to be done. What I saw in this thread is the first guy Tim stating that there are too many garbage ads which is his opinion, then Matt counterpoints with an opinion, and they have an exchange of opinions...all is well and productive. Then Brandon states a point from his past experience, which he has the right to, and Terry comments on it... all is fine. The next response after Terry is by Craig who makes a judgement that basically says ZJX didn't make the request and the people responsible for promoting the events are not bright enough to use the system. Whether the request was made or not why go about it this way? For all any of us know the system could have had a glitch that day, and the request made but not received. Brandon disputes the claim that ZJX submitted a request, then Ian calls him a "mudder" which is a hater comment (there is one in every post I've read on Vatsim.)

So let's say Brandon is a "mudder" who doesn't know how to use the system...pointing out his flaws is not a productive nor a team oriented way to go about fixing the problem. My point is why not help out. This isn't the competitive business environment where helping out your competitors makes you lose money. The more we all work together to build VATUSA the more we will ALL gain from it.

My remarks "insecure, ineffective, insufficient, make believe, [MOD-800012 RJ] leaders who don;t get the point. " & "title chasing, politically biased," are made because most of the people who are trying to do good things that benefit everyone are held back by people who want the title, or the power, or to "appear" to be knowlegable and that is why we have these problems.

Additionally sir Nic:

"You don't know the VATUSA staff? You've never spoken to them on a personal basis?"

I have dealt with Jeff Turner & Craig Merriman on several occasions and respect them and thier decisions, whether I agree or not. Roger Curtiss is my right arm, ZJX's former DATM a good friend of mine, ZTL's ATM and newly resigned DATM are good friends of mine, ZID's ATM and TA good friends of mine. Scott Crafton and Jeff Williams are both former ATM's of mine who I've definitely had in depth conversations with. Jason Sutton flies with me...I was just chatting with Richard Green on teamspeak the other night...the list goes on.

So where are you getting your info and why are you judging me? I only get irrate when I see people saying stupid things that help no one.

800012 RJ - thanks for making it "sound" as if I was using vulgar language. saying half followed the letter A or the letters B and S together or I give 2 followed by the letter S and a whole bunch of $ and saying shut the X up where x is the place where it's really hot? Come on now let's be real... your edits changed the context and maked it sound worse than what was there. So are you going to mod this SS$$$$$$$$$$?

Regards,

JX

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted
So are you going to mod this SS$$$$$$$$$$?

No, I'm going to give you a 7 day vacation from the forum.

RJ

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

Getting back on topic, and without the venom present, Timothy brings up a good question which hasn't been answered yet. What exactly is required to get an advertisment in the "sticky" position on the VATUSA webpage? Major event? What defines a major event? Why is one event that goes down on the same day as the BTP not favored in the sticky spot, while the BTP is (or, looks like to me, was favored but since removed)?

These are important questions, because as an ATM I want to be able to use the sticky position to advertise ZAB event(s).

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Daniel Hill 810430
Posted
Posted
So are you going to mod this SS$$$$$$$$$$?

No, I'm going to give you a 7 day vacation from the forum.

Bravo!

Respectfully,

Daniel Hill 810430

[Just Plain Ole' Dan]