You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC ... how can i join Oceania region

Pedro Da Silva 973628

Pedro Da Silva 973628
Posted
Posted

How can i join the Oceania region in VATPAC and get [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance/learn ATC to become an observer / student ?

Ive registered with VATSIM, got all the software, says next step is to register with my region which is VATPAC ... ?

John Golin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Once you are registered with VATSIM you can immediately connect as an Observer for ATC, or fly online as a pilot.

It is a good idea to try flying online and even Observing some ATC to get a feel for how the environment works.

If you want to fly, there are no further requirements, however it is a good idea to read the matrerial in the Pilot Resource Centre www.vatsim.net/prc . This will help you understand how things work and how to share the online experience.

To control, you need to;

a) Make sure you are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to a Region AND Division; in this case, Oceania and VATPAC. Visit the 'Membership' pages on the VATSIM site to check and amend your details as required.

b) Learn how to use the controller software, learn and some basic information about ATC in the Division you wish to control; for VATPAC, there are links to 'Airspace' information and 'Training' materials in the menus on the site.

c) Also contact the VATPAC training department through the links from the training section fo the website to seek a promotion from Observer/ Pilot to Student. The training department will get in touch with you regarding their requirements and testing procedures.

Cheers

John

Edited by Guest

Pedro Da Silva 973628
Posted
Posted

Thanks John,

Ok, i worked out how to set my division which is set to Pacific in this case..

Now all i do is Jump on the software im going to download and learn how to use it ?

QF080

John Golin
Posted
Posted

Thats a good start Read up the manuals etc, and once you know how to configure it, you can log on and Observe ATC. In conjunction with the training materials, observing and listening will help you get an idea of how things work.

Cheers

John

Dominic Manning 811381
Posted
Posted

Also ask questions. A lot of ATC will try to help you if they aren't busy.

And don't forget to have a look around www.vatpac.org .

Training docomeents, airspace infomation and even a local forum.