You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I present VATGoodies.com

Roel Gonzalez

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

VATGoodies.com is a new brand that hosts goodies to enhance your VATSIM experience.

You can access VATGoodies by visiting https://vatgoodies.com/.

Currently there is active development work in progress on the first goodie that VATGoodies will present.

Real Ops by VATGoodies

With Real Ops by VATGoodies, your flight information region will finally be able to organize the real ops event that you have been wanting to do.

It will include features to allow easy management of your event.

Since this is in active development it is a good idea to send in any suggestions you may have for Real Ops by VATGoodies so it can be included when officially launched.

Features:

• Event Organization - easy management of your real ops event
  • Booking System - intuitive booking system for pilots
  • Many pending features - be a pioneer and shape it by making suggestions!

Real Ops by VATGoodies is expected to be launched during the upcoming spring season, therefore if you would like to pitch in with suggestions, now would be the time.

To get in contact with me, you can either reply here or if you want it to be private, you can fill in the contact form on https://vatgoodies.com

This project is fully open source with the MIT License. Visit the VATGoodies GitHub to follow the development.

Roël Gonzalez - VATSIM Enthusiast and Webdeveloper

Creator of Simgoodies.app

Alessandro Buscaglione
Posted
Posted

It seems good for real. I've already 'subscribed'

Alessandro Buscaglione

VATITA Director ACCIT1

[email protected] --- [email protected]

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for showing your interest!

In the meanwhile if you want to send in any suggestions or vote on existing suggestions and ideas take a look at this trello board:

VATGoodies Idea Wall

I have also setup a VATGoodies facebook, where I will try to update on the development on a regular basis.

VATGoodies Facebook page

If there's anything you feel free to get in contact with me here:

Contact form

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Roel,

This stuff looks excellent - we need people like you in our community to help drive our hobby forward.

I know Matt Cianfarani, who heads up our web services team, is always looking for more talent and he has a few projects in the pipeline you may be interested in. Chuck him an email, if you're interested, at vpweb (at) vatsim.net.

Cheers!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

Hey Gunnar,

Glad to hear that you find this excellent stuff! I am definitely interested in helping the community.

Right now, as you probably expect, my focus is fully on making sure that Real Ops by VATGoodies remains on schedule and gets launched in a timely fashion.

But I can surely start onboarding with the web services team and see what else VATSIM has got going on, and where I can be of [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. I will send in an e-mail tomorrow regarding this.

In any case, feel free to mention my name to the team in the meanwhile.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Roel Gonzalez
Posted
Posted

Hello,

VATGoodies is currently on the lookout for beta-testers, there is a limited availability.

Candidates must meet the following requirements:

• Hold a staff role in VATSIM that deals with events.
  • Have experience with managing events.
  • Have programming experience (optional)

If you are interested, feel free to join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/aQkKcf5 and get in contact with me.

Also if you just want to stay in the loop feel free to join the Discord as well.