You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to deal with incompetent pilots

Tom Dowd

Steve Galasso
Posted
Posted

Yes, being given a revised clearance on the ground or later in the air is a likely scenario. Unable to comply with new issued routing would result in vectors or an alternate course. Just simply denying and really, ignoring someone is not what would happen in real life. I am a real world fully certified center controller.

Dealing with inexperienced pilots is an everyday occurrence and not unique to the OP's pretentious video ridiculing 16 year olds who are attempting to learn something and know they aren't real pilots which is why they are in a simulated environment to begin with.

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Yes, being given a revised clearance on the ground or later in the air is a likely scenario. Unable to comply with new issued routing would result in vectors or an alternate course. Just simply denying and really, ignoring someone is not what would happen in real life. I am a real world fully certified center controller.

This is the only correct answer. Headings and no-gyro vectors are always an option.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Morris 1132365
Posted
Posted

funny part of the video is regarding "power mad Sup's" when actually the author sounds upset he can't go power mad and is stunned to find out that his abhorrent behavior is against rule 1a,

I was really put off flying from a certain airfield because a particular controller there was rude in general. Some controllers feel the need to belittle others and forget that air traffic isn't about policing, it's about flight safety...

I speak to air traffic controllers daily and have had sit-in sessions with them, none of them posses attitudes displayed on this video and as anybody that flies in the real world will attest, you find incompetence aplenty.