You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATEUD-Training Departement _ATC upgrade request

Jean-Louis Richon

Jean-Louis Richon
Posted
Posted

Hello,

From 3 or 4 days,i try to save or submit my test form for ATC upgrade.

Unable to save or to submit.

Is the servsr down or holidays or another problem?

Thanks for a answer

Jean louis

image_forum_vatfrance_1582109199_mod-1cdf271a08624f3ce2a10ee81f67f5b9-lining-up-commercial-aircraft.jpg

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello Jean-Louis,

the server which runs the exam system faces severe problems, and the administrator for it is on vacation. After running flawlessly for years, the server decided to hickup just at this unfortunate time .

Please have a little patience, we hope to have it sorted next week, when our admin is back from his vacation.

Thanks for your understanding.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Jean-Louis Richon
Posted
Posted
Hello Jean-Louis,

Please have a little patience, we hope to have it sorted next week, when our admin is back from his vacation.

Hello,Martin

Thanks for your answer .I will be patient.No problem

Jean louis

image_forum_vatfrance_1582109199_mod-1cdf271a08624f3ce2a10ee81f67f5b9-lining-up-commercial-aircraft.jpg

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted

Hi Jean-Louis,

I am also waiting for an upgrade for more than 4 months now. I wrote several emails to my VACC authorities --- and still got no reply. I have a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed written Eurotest which will hopefully is still valid. Sometimes VATSIM is really very fast, sometimes it is very slow

Alex

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted
I am also waiting for an upgrade for more than 4 months now. I wrote several emails to my VACC authorities --- and still got no reply.

Which VACC?

According to the VATSIM member database, you still belong to VACC-SAG. You hold a STU+ rating which is exactly what you should have. You haven't done your APP Checkout, so there is no basis for any rating upgrade.

Stop spreading FUD.

Regards,

Daniel

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted

Daniel, there is some misunderstanding. I just wanted to make Jean-Louis clear, that VATSIM is living thru its human volunteers. These volunteers doing the best out of their time to provide us users all these services. It is not my intention to hijack Jean-Louis thread here, but now I need to clearify my situation.

My very personal problem is, that I am waiting for a pretest (precheck) for more than 4 months. And waiting for a mentor checking this, for some more. After the pretest I am going to applicate for the practical checkout and I will be put on another list. I have been told this list needs also several weeks or months waiting.

A personal talk to my FIR chief some months before showed me, that I am Nr. 2 on the waiting list for a precheck of my FIR and have to wait some more time. My former mentor (a STU rating and SAG founder) resigned his job for some other reasons. So I am without a mentor since then and no mentor is in sight.

I have been a VATSIM top 30 controller (see my hours records) since I got very frustrated about this situation and I am doing no controlling service anymore. My last active VATSIM connection was used to wait for a SAG mentor, which I have announced by my own to the FIR and VACC authorities. I have handled lots of pilots in busy event situations all the years before, where I have broken some FIR traffic records as approach or center controller. Now I am waiting for a simple approach precheck test for several months.

I just wanted to upgrade my rating for some future software development testing. Now it is too late for, I guess. I am looking for european alternatives now. That is why I was posting into this thread. Maybe VATEUD-TD members are reading this

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Daniel Roesen
Posted
Posted

Well, the problem might be that you're considered a persona non grata by many folks. And no mentor wants to work with you anymore because of your regularily shown attitude, which is also the reason why you were banned from the SAG forum (after a longer list of other sanctions applied, e.g. revoking your Mentor status). You remember?

So what you are talking about is not a generic problem of the VACC-SAG or it's management, it's your very own personal problem that you are socially incompatible with many folks - and this is a problem YOU have to fix, not anybody else. Nobody here is paid to deal with you, so you have to play nice or look elsewhere - like you claim to do.

I'm not posting this to diss you in public, but to set records straight about the validity of your complaints about the VACC-SAG. Stop posting FUD/lies, and you won't be confronted with the truth.

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

OK guys,

this is turning ito a personal debate, and therefore not suited for this board. Please take this to private mail, thanks.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png