You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot connect to server. Invalid Cid/password.

Nathan Panda

Nathan Panda
Posted
Posted

Ive tried over and over to no success. Keeps telling me I have the wrong CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (6). I am pretty sure I am inputting the correct information. I copy pasted my P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and ID right from the email. --- What is the typical turnaround time for the servers to be updated with new accounts (If that is the case)?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi, and welcome to VATSIM. I understand it must be really frustrating not to be able to get online. The short answer to your question is "within 24 hours, often much sooner."

I'm wondering if you've overlooked the "server data push/sync within the first 24 hours" limitation.

The most common reason for this error for new members is trying to log in within 24 hours of activating or reactivating an account, or a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word change. The servers are all linked, but membership data (including new and updates) only get pushed to each server every few hours (staggered throughout the day). We mention this on the Join and Member Support pages, but it's often overlooked in folks' zeal to get online.

It can take up to 24 hours for new or reactivated VATSIM membership records to be flowed to all of the distributed VATSIM servers, as the membership information is flowed to the servers via daily server synchronizations. If, within the first 24 hours, you cannot log onto the server of your choice, you may have to try different servers until you find one that has already been synchronized. You should only open a member support ticket if you still cannot log onto ANY server AFTER 24 hours has elapsed since your reactivation.

In the meanwhile we welcome you to the opportunity to read up on our Pilot Resource Centre.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations