You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AI aircraft enabled to have traffic displayed on TCAS?

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Not sure if there is some other place where people discuss swift considering how empty it is in here...?

One thing I would like to ask is if we still need to have AI models enabled in X-Plane to have online traffic show up on TCAS like in the Zibo mod?

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Richard,

I was not aware that the TCAS of ZiboMod required AI models to be enabled, because I already had them enabled for XSquawkbox from the beginning.

I still have them enabled with swift...

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

OK, haven't had time trying out Swift on a proper flight yet but would be interesting to know if you still need AI models in X-Plane enabled to have online and nearby traffic show up on your TCAS.

One of the guys working on the Swift client confirmed you do need to have AI models enabled in X-Plane but yet someone else said TCAS traffic shows up even with AI disabled.

As for the Zibo mod, it seems the number of AI models you have in X-Plane equals the number of traffic that can simultaneously display on TCAS. So, if you only have one AI model in X-Plane, you will only see max one aircraft on your TCAS even if there are more aircraft around you. If you have 3 AI models in X-Plane, you will be able to see 3 aircraft on TCAS and so on.

Hopefully I'll have time to start doing some testing myself soon.

Richard Åsberg

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Underhill
Posted
Posted

Works fine online with Pilot Clients when set to "None". I have found it also works with AI Aircraft set to another number but you sometimes get false TCAS indications from AI Aircraft.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Works fine online with Pilot Clients when set to "None". I have found it also works with AI Aircraft set to another number but you sometimes get false TCAS indications from AI Aircraft.

What pilot client(s) are you referring to and also, in what aircraft?

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I just tested it with X-Plane 11.32 and the latest (closed!) Beta version. I set the number of AI-aircraft to 0 (zero) and swift still showed me all the other pilots with their AI-aircraft and they also showed in the TCAS of ZiboMod.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

That is excellent news!

Richard Åsberg

Frank Herter
Posted
Posted

I've tested yesterday with the ToLiss A319 and I didn't got any traffic at the TCAS.

At the swift radar it works like a charme.

Any ideas?

Btw. I like this new client. So amazing

Reese Norris 1401247
Posted
Posted

The Toliss 319 probably doesn’t support TCAS. But I don’t know much about that plane, I’m probably wrong

Frank Herter
Posted
Posted
The Toliss 319 probably doesn’t support TCAS. But I don’t know much about that plane, I’m probably wrong

In the meantime my post is obsolete with the latest update the ToLiss now supports TCAS as well and everything is wirking fine.

Just one thing, how many AI planes I need to display the AI traffic?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
Just one thing, how many AI planes I need to display the AI traffic?
[...] I set the number of AI-aircraft to 0 (zero) and swift still showed me all the other pilots with their AI-aircraft and they also showed in the TCAS [...]

Me.

• 5 weeks later...
Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted
Not sure if there is some other place where people discuss swift considering how empty it is in here...?

We are more active in our Discord server.

One thing I would like to ask is if we still need to have AI models enabled in X-Plane to have online traffic show up on TCAS like in the Zibo mod?

As far as we know, you still need AI models enabled to be able to see TCAS blips.

swift - Developer

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks but since I wrote that question back in March, I already found your Discord server. Thx anyway

I can also confirm you don't need any AI models enabled in X-Plane to see TCAS traffic using swift. At least not in the Zibo mod.

Richard Åsberg

• 2 weeks later...
Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Thanks, and it looks like you're right. For the next beta version we have pulled in a few TCAS fixes shared by the LiveTraffic team, who realised that the AI model count doesn't affect the number of blips.

swift - Developer