You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Welcome swift to the Forums

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Really glad to see a "swift" thread show up here. I have been acting as an alpha tester for the FS2004 swift version and have to say so far it exceeds all my expectations. There are still a few bugs with the FS2004 version (haven't used it for FSX yet and don't have P3D or xPlane), but I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you the developers are very, very quick to work them out. I just finished downloading, as an alpha tester, the latest development version only days old and will be putting it through the paces in the coming days.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Good news. Is it really spelled with all lower case?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I guess this answers your question?

8HBBzAx.png

(Last 2 lines are the response of one of the swift devs)

Me.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Welp, apparently we don't all have the same taste.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

HI Magnus

I am trying to sort out an issue on my facebook Xplane dedicated group re SWIFT, and who is allowed to test it on the VATSIM network. My understanding is that VATSIM has granted you (SWIFT) authority to be tested on the network but that it is you who decides who can go on the network.

Now this seems a little odd as you have opened up SWIFT for public beta testing. As such I myself have been using SWIFT on the network, I have also produced a video for my youtubechannel discussiing SWIFT and its obvious advantages. www.youtube.com/wycliffeb

I would be grateful if you could give me some clarification on exactly what the position is.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Richard Quigley
Posted
Posted

Appears that it has now obtained the VATSIM Seal of Good Housekeeping and is approved for use on the network!

https://www.vatsim.net/docomeents/approved-software

I'm going to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the omission of swift from the list of Approved Voice Software is an oversite?

Edited just now by Richard Quigley

Quig, C3, P1, VATPAC, CZQM (inact), CZQX (ret).

4200+ hrs of "Chaos, Panic & Disorder in your virtual skies!"

0.png

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted
Appears that it has now obtained the VATSIM Seal of Good Housekeeping and is approved for use on the network!

Unfortunately it had to be removed again until the approval process has completed which wasn't the case yesterday. I expect a final go/no-go in the next few days.

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/

John Da Costa
Posted
Posted

My heart can only take so much I hear it's available, then it isn't. this shows the excitement the community has for this badly needed piece of software especially in xplane! Keep up the good work and hope to see it certified very soon.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Guys, your patience is appreciated and you'll be able to enjoy swift. I have been flying X-Plane 11 with swift since last year and really enjoyed it. Let's get it polished and ready for a wider release and then you can all join in a wider test.

• 4 months later...
nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Is Swift operational now for FS9.

nebojsa

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

I haven't used FS2004 for a long time. However, the developer website says that FS2004 is supported. You have to download the 32bit version

swift supports the following simulators:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (experimental)

Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration or Service Pack 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam Edition

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1 - v4 (including minor versions)

X-Plane 10

X-Plane 11

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

FS2004 is supported. 32bit version

nebojsa

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear that such old platforms still work in 2019

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

• 1 month later...
MOHAMMED AMIRUDDEEN 117941
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to download swift. I have no problem downloading the swift installer, however, when I download XSwiftBus, it is showing as a word docomeent... i.e. there is no folder. Tried several links for xswiftbus on the downloads page of the developer without success finding the correct folder.

According to an install tutorial, xswiftbus is supposed to be a folder with 2 folders, 32 and 64, within it. Why am I not able to download this folder? Any help would be appreciated. Here is the link from where I was trying to download the xswiftbus. https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/publicartifacts.php

I am using X-Plane 11 with Mac OS X on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks.