You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC profile getting corrupted

Jeremy Richmond

Jeremy Richmond
Posted
Posted (edited)

So I'm having a peculiar issue with VRC now for the second time. One of my profiles, in this case TPA_TWR keeps getting corrupted. I can open other profiles fine, but now when I load TPA_TWR, the main interface window won't open. Second, If I try to load another one first, then TPA_TWR, VRC goes completely unresponsive and crashes. Any ideas?

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You could try sending me your .ini file and I can see if I can figure out what's causing it. Note that the ini file contains your VATSIM p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, so you'll want to remove it from the file. There will be one instance of it for each profile.

I'll also need the POF, alias, and sector files referenced by the profile.

Post the files up somewhere that I can download them, preferably in a single zip file.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 months later...
Jeremy Richmond
Posted
Posted

Ross, I'm sorry I forgot I had posted this issue. The issue went away for awhile but now it's back with a completely different sector file for different ARTCC. I created a google drive folder with all that information in the ZDC folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YrqIal8VkYMCTiefRFx6or-9o05D7pbD

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeremy, sorry for the delay, I've been away on vacation.

I am able to load your DCA_TWR profile without a problem, so I'm not sure what's causing the issue for you. I did notice that you have a lot of stuff enabled in the "View" menu, especially all fixes and their labels. I'm thinking that might be causing a problem. The more stuff you have enabled, the more video memory is required. What do you have for a video card?

I would suggest turning off everything in the view menu except for a few things like regions, static text, and geography. Since you can't access the profile, you'll need to do this by manually editing the ini file. Open your VRC.ini file in a text editor, find the DCA_TWR section, then find the value "DisplayToggles1" and change the value to 134005766. Obviously you'll need to make the changes while VRC is not running.

Give that a try and let me know if it makes a difference.

Jeremy Richmond
Posted
Posted

Nvidia 1070TI for graphics card.

Jeremy Richmond
Posted
Posted

Nvidia 1070TI. Also, I was finally able to load the profile, but I had to open 5 different profiles first one at a time before the one I needed would open properly.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That video card should certainly have enough memory, so I doubt that's the issue. But go ahead and try turning off nearly everything in the View menu and see if that makes a difference with being able to load the profile.

• 6 months later...
Jeremy Richmond
Posted
Posted

Sorry it took so long to respond, I had to wait for it to get corrupted again. So I've turned everything off under the view menu except the minimal items I need to work top down approach and it's freezing when I open VRC.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sorry Jeremy, but I'm all out of ideas.