You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot for X-Plane

James Cockfield 1387201

James Cockfield 1387201
Posted
Posted

Hello.

This summer I am hoping to develop a vPilot like application but for X-Plane. I am wondering if I could be given contact details of the developer of vPilot so I can get some information to help my project. If I am not able to do this would I be able to have contact info for someone who can help me connect the app to the network as that is probably one of parts I would struggle with.

Thanks,

James

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi James,

I'm the developer of vPilot, feel free to reach out via private message with any questions you have. However, the first person you'll want to talk to if you're going to make a new pilot client is the VP of Technical Development, currently Zach Biesse-Fitton. You can get contact information on the BoG page, https://www.vatsim.net/staff/board-of-governors

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The other thing that I'll mention / ask you to consider is that there is a pilot client, called swift, under development, getting closer to public beta. Would it make the most sense to join forces in the interest of standardization and efficiency and offer to join their team?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

James Cockfield 1387201
Posted
Posted

I wasn't aware of swift so I'll have a look into it. Thanks

James Cockfield 1387201
Posted
Posted
Hi James,

I'm the developer of vPilot, feel free to reach out via private message with any questions you have. However, the first person you'll want to talk to if you're going to make a new pilot client is the VP of Technical Development, currently Zach Biesse-Fitton. You can get contact information on the BoG page, https://www.vatsim.net/staff/board-of-governors

Thanks for the information. I'll have a look at swift first and if that doesn't work I'll get in contact with you and Zach.

• 2 weeks later...
STUART HYETT 818300
Posted
Posted
Hello.

This summer I am hoping to develop a vPilot like application but for X-Plane. I am wondering if I could be given contact details of the developer of vPilot so I can get some information to help my project. If I am not able to do this would I be able to have contact info for someone who can help me connect the app to the network as that is probably one of parts I would struggle with.

Thanks,

James

At the moment I find Swift extremely complicated and haven't been able to get it to work. Probably me, but am sticking with XSquawkbox for the moment. Would be really interested in vPilot for X-Plane so am following this thread.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Stuart,

the team of swift will be happy to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you. Best join us on Discord for user-to-user support or the swift-section on this forum here. So far we have managed to get everyone setup.