You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EDWARD STEFANOVICH

EDWARD STEFANOVICH
Posted
Posted

Hi. New to swift. So far I am very lost, very complex and confusing GU.

How can I send a message to another pilot or ATC?

Thanks

EDWARD STEFANOVICH
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply. I read all that already. I figured how to see messages. I was doing a test yesterday on a network. I found a message window but I didn’t see messages coming from other pilots and ATC as I saw in vPilot. I still trying to figure out how to send a private message. Whatever I have tried didn’t work.

Thanks

Kenneth Haught
Posted
Posted

In the message or command line type .msg (callsign) (message) and it will then open a new chat if I recall correctly.

Anchorage Deputy Air Traffic Manager

VATSIM Senior Supervisor (Team 1)

Have a question or concern? Email me at [email protected].

EDWARD STEFANOVICH
Posted
Posted

Oh ok. Same as in vPilot. Thanks for the info.

EDWARD STEFANOVICH
Posted
Posted

Looks like I have some progress here.

Another issue. How can I file flight plan from network? Looks like Swift does not recognize filed FPL I filed via VATSIM. It says No flight plan data stored. I have to file flight plan manually via Flight pl. manually all the time now.

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted

Edward,

so you pre filed a flight plan to VATSIM, logged in to the network, switched to Flight Plan page in swift, clicked on the upper `Load` (being the Load flight plan from network) button and it said no FPL?

It should definitly work. Let me know whether the steps above are what you tried and I try to reproduce it if it is a bug.

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/