You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Payware heavy VA's?

Victor Buck 923077

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Hello again.

Once I get comfortable with flying with online ATC here, I would like to use my various payware (CS 707, IK DC9, DF 727, PMDG B1900C, etc.) as my abilities increase. VA's flying this payware are very few and far between...any ideas?

Thanks.

Vic

"I'm a man...but I can change...if I have to...I guess"

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

Victor,

For the VA I recently opened, I've tried to paint both freeware and payware options for my entire fleet. It's more of a regional VA, based in Albuquerque NM, but we fly airframes such as the PMDG B1900D, Eurowings ATR42 & 72, Feelthere ERJ 145. I have plans to paint other payware aircraft such as the Iron Knuckles DC9, Wilco CRJ200, and Perfect Flight 717.

www.pueblova.org

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

I'll check it out, Paul.

I know it will be impossible to fly ALL my aircraft at one VA!

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

For your DF727 and CF707: www.atavirtual.com

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Jo Keeler 892070
Posted
Posted
Hello again.

Once I get comfortable with flying with online ATC here, I would like to use my various payware (CS 707, IK DC9, DF 727, PMDG B1900C, etc.) as my abilities increase. VA's flying this payware are very few and far between...any ideas?

Thanks.

Vic

Damn, you must have like $200 just into payware aircraft.

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

hehe yeh, gets expensive after a while.

personally I won't buy payware unless it is running an FMC, and where you can substitute a real life manual and still be able to do about 90% of what that manual sais.

as such I have purchaced PMDG 737 (both -700 and -800), LDS767, PMDG 744 (not F yet), and a couple of PSS things.

That said, I'v been thinking to myself, wouldn't it be cool to have a VA based on iFly 747 and Project Tupolev Tu154 probably the two best freeware aircraft around as far as systems and nav modeling I have ever seen.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Jo...not even close, my friend. And NO...I'm not trying to brag...believe me on that. I just enjoy a Cold and Dark, full start up on the bigger aircraft and the excellent details on the smaller ones. I do have freeware I'd never part with...ANYTHING from Milton Shupe and Co., the FSdezigns Lockheed L049 (can't wait for the new ones!!) would be examples.

Trent...most of my payware can't even spell "FMC", except for my Citation X. This will probably make me the butt of many jokes...but I like the old "Glory Days"...smoky big sexy airliners like the 707 and DC8...Dreemfleet is working on a DC8 that I'll buy imediately when it comes out.

Well...here...let's get this over with immediately ...my "hangar":

Payware:

CS 707

DF 727

PMDG B1900C

FSD Pilatus Porter

Eaglesoft Citation X

Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver

Carenado Cessna 206

Carenado 210 Centurion

FeelThere Caravan 208

Flight1 441 Conquest

MAAM-SIM R4D/DC3

IronKnuckles DC9

FSD Aerostar 700

Freeware:

Everything from Milton Shupe & Co.

AC500

Shrike

Howard 500

Beechcraft D18

(to name a few)

Eric Dante's Twin Bonanza

Bellanca Scout

Cessna Citation II

Long Island Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ics "Chritian Eagle II"

FSdezigns L049 Connie (bring on the new ones!!)

DC3 Airways version of the DC4

DC6 from Tom Gibson

DeHavilland Super Otter, Premier Aircraft Design (all models).

Several attempts at a Grumman Goose

Maule M7

Mooney Bravo

Airhead's Super Decathalon

Bill Lyon's WACO

I'm sure some freeware got lost in this listing. Again...not bragging!!!...I just have the ability to spend a bunch on my favorite FS stuff and still "take care of business". Some people garden...I choose to fly?

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted
I'll check it out, Paul.

I know it will be impossible to fly ALL my aircraft at one VA!

Vic

You dont need to be a part of a VA to use its callsign

Andrew Rogers 913862
Posted
Posted

Delta VA

you can fly:

A310, A318, A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A330-300, A340-300, ATR-72, B1900, B707-320, B727-100, B727-200, B737-200, B737-300, B737-400, B737-500, B737-700, B737-800, B737-900, B747-100, B747-200, B747-300, B747-400, B757-200, B757-300, B767-200, B767-300, B767-400, B777-200, B777-300, BAE-146, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CV-880, CV-990, Caravelle, Comet, Concorde, Constellation, DC-10-10, DC-10-30, DC-10-40, DC-3, DC-6, DC-7, DC-8-11, DC-8-21, DC-8-33, DC-8-42, DC-8-51, DC-8-61, DC-8-62, DC-8-71, DC-8-72, DC-9-14, DC-9-32, DC-9-50, DO-328, EMB-120, ERJ-135, ERJ-145, ERJ-170, F100, F70, L-10, L-100, L-1011, MD-11, MD-88, MD-90, S340

and the DHC-3 and A340-600

Andrew Rogers

Senior Controller -HCF

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

try here!

cheers

Tom.

f1cert.gif

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Virtual Continental (www.vcair.com) uses almost all of those aircraft and of course Payware are always an option if you so chose.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Thanks for those replies. The beauty of flying for a VA based on a past or present airline becomes obvious...liveries for the various aircraft are everywhere and are already in the SB3 library. It also helps in that I no longer have to find a "fictional" VA, with all (or most) of my payware...AND a repaint of that payware. Flying in the correct VA livery, for a payware aircraft, is important to me for 2 reasons. One, I like to oc[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ionally post screenshots of that "greased" landing or nice scenery, or, more likely, that ridiculous attempt at something I should never have tried! . Two...I'm just a bit "anal" about these things .

Some things I've figured out (I "think"...correct me if I'm wrong):

Many "fictional" VA's will not have an airline listing in SB3 (DC3 Airways, for example), and therefore will not show up as a DCA (or other VA) liveried aircraft when I'm online.

SB3 (and, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, FSINN) all rely on "models", loaded with the program, to display another pilots aircraft and livery (and mine, to others), when online...rather than attempt to "transmit" a pilots actual, possibly highly detailed, 32 bit aircraft textures...thus reducing the bandwidth use (my terminology??) while online.

I'm going to check out all your suggestions but I am impressed with Virtual Continental's "retro" fleet...the CS 707, the IK DC9 and "a" 727, although not mine. Who's going to know I'm flying the Dreamfleet 727 and not the CS???? . For that matter, none of the "RW" based VA's would know...they just have to have "a" 707 or DC9 or 727 in the fleet.

Sheesh!...why did I make this so hard...when it's so easy?

Thanks, guys!

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

When I checked the Delta VA website...and the fleet...I didn't see many of the aircraft you mentioned here listed in the "Fleet Gallery" drop down menu? That may well be because those are only photo's, and bear no relation to all the aircraft I can fly there.

I will contact each of the VA's, through their respective websites, for more info so as not to "clutter up" this forum with info easily found elsewhere.

Thanks Andrew!

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
When I checked the Delta VA website...and the fleet...I didn't see many of the aircraft you mentioned here listed in the "Fleet Gallery" drop down menu? That may well be because those are only photo's, and bear no relation to all the aircraft I can fly there.

As an FYI, the Fleet Gallery isn't intended to be an exhaustive list of all of the aircraft, just a representative sample. Additionally, many of the Airbus and 707 (never having been operated by Delta Air Lines) are found on the Aviation Francais Virtuel side of the house. The 727 has fanatics on both sides. (Let me put in one plug that DVA and AFV are the only "real-world" virtual airlines I know of that have historic programs like the DC-8 and 727 as first-cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] fleet members, not just as a "retro fleet").

No matter what virtual airline you choose, I think you'll find a good community of historic aircraft lovers and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]itionate aviators. We only differ on the directions for our p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ions.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Luke,

Point taken ,

I have contacted the DVA HR department for more info on everything about flying for that VA. I also take your point on the 727 and DC-8...DF made one and is working on the other...I will not hesitate to get the DF DC-8, when released.

Much of my preference for "jetliners" is due to my "generation". I grew up in Miami in the 60's and 70's. My Uncle worked at KMIA and Opa-Locka airport. My Aunt was a stewardess (NO...not a "flight attendant") for Eastern, TWA and Continental. Because of her I flew a bunch! At 7 years old I sat in the "left seat" of a 707 cockpit while the pilot showed me the stall "stick shaker" (right thumb, as I remember) and other things during the checklists...try THAT now!( those were the good old days). At 8, I was diverted, in a 707, to JFK enroute Montreal due to snow. The next morning she loaded me on the only DC-3 I've ever flown on for the hop to Montreal. I was at KMIA when the first 747 arrived there, thanks to my Uncle. My best friend and next door neighbor's dad was an AP mechanic for Eastern. He showed us the "goop" used to repair small holes in the "skins" (that stuff was amazing!). Me and Steve would watch aircraft fly over our neighborhood and argue as to the model..."DC8 stretch" "your nut's...count the darn windows!! That ain't no stretch!".

That's where I "come from".

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

At Pan Am VA we fly all of the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]in Liners that Pan American Airways flew.

The first commercial flight of the 707 and 747 was with Pan Am. We Got DC-8s as well.

feel free to check out our cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic fleet :http://www.panamva.com/cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic.htm

Most of the 30+ aircraft in our fleet have payware available.

And if retro is what you like, how better retro can you get than emulating the Airline that was the first American airline to offer international service?

Our website is currently in the middle of a MAJOR rebuild... so if you like what you see, expect BETTER.. if you dont... then you definitly will

Victor Buck 923077
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ben...that looks very interesting also!

Will check it out.

Vic

The Man's Prayer

Red Green

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Thanks Ben...that looks very interesting also! Will check it out.

You're starting to see a number of retro/cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic programs and entire virtual airlines now. In addition to Ben and PAN AM, I believe there's a Piedmont VA, an Ozark VA and probably a few others, not to mention the retro programs at Virtual/Simulated Continental and American Virtual. If you're an Eastern fan, there are not one but two Eastern Virtuals (evair.com and eastern-va.com). I also believe that British Airways Virtual has support for their cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic airliners.

From personal experience, we more or less stumbled into the retro space in 2001-2003 when Delta retired a number of cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic airliners like the L-1011, 727 and MD-11, and we wanted to keep them flying. It was a great decision because there are a lot of pilots like yourself, and I think the increasing number of retro programs and support is evidence of that. I'm surprised that all virtual airlines haven't moved to support this niche - I remember growing up watching Air Canada DC-8s, 727s and DC-9s from Toronto's 10-story Terminal One rooftop with my father and that's what got me hooked.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jeroen Wenting 835249
Posted
Posted

If you want payware heavy: http://www.globecargo.org/

Only 2 aircraft flown, the VMax 747-200 and the PMDG 747-400.

Personally I quit because I found the rules and regs too rigid, but if you like that it may be for you as they're nice people.