You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Private Sweatbox Server

Posted
Posted

Would it be possible for me to host a private sweatbox server on Euroscope 3.2 (a19), where I can spawn my own aircraft on a private server, instead of on the actual sweatbox server (so that others can connect as well)? That way, I don't have to bother actual sweatbox training by vACCs. I heard you could do that but I'm not entirely sure how to. Thanks.

C1-rated controller

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

This isn’t possible to do.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Adam Turner
Posted
Posted

You can use Euroscope's own server to do this. You will firstly need to download the licence key (PublicVatsimLicense.lic) from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rsBunTadLEvUpljJk-Jd0jL7Mqe18GFw. Then find "Euroscope FSD Server 1.2" in your start menu. When prompted, select the license file previously downloaded. Now open Euroscope, in the menu where you connect to VATSIM you will need to change two things: 1) Untick the "Connect to VATSIM" box and, 2) Change the server to "localhost". You can now start a Sweatbox session as you would on the VATSIM Sweatbox server but instead it will run on the server running on your computer. You can double check by ensuring that the planes you see in Euroscope are listed in the "Simulated planes" list in the FSD server window.

Adam Turner | VATSIM Membership Manager - North America

• 2 months later...
Reese Norris 1401247
Posted
Posted

• 9 months later...
Miguel Toro
Posted
Posted
On 5/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, Adam Turner said:

You can use Euroscope's own server to do this. You will firstly need to download the licence key (PublicVatsimLicense.lic) from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rsBunTadLEvUpljJk-Jd0jL7Mqe18GFw. Then find "Euroscope FSD Server 1.2" in your start menu. When prompted, select the license file previously downloaded. Now open Euroscope, in the menu where you connect to VATSIM you will need to change two things: 1) Untick the "Connect to VATSIM" box and, 2) Change the server to "localhost". You can now start a Sweatbox session as you would on the VATSIM Sweatbox server but instead it will run on the server running on your computer. You can double check by ensuring that the planes you see in Euroscope are listed in the "Simulated planes" list in the FSD server window.

Hello! Do you know where I can get a valid license key? The link is broken.

• 8 months later...
Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Thought this would answer my question below but I think this is the same 2018 licence that has expired?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

The following one works until 31-12-2021:

tgABAMk/xvMKodQBAAVCsdm/1QEBAJIATGljZW5zZU93bmVyPVB1YmxpYyBWQVRTSU0gbGljZW5jZSxNYXhDb250cm9sbGVycz0yLE1heFByZXBhcjNkPTIsRG93bmxvYWRVcmw9aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ldXJvc2NvcGUuaHUvbGljZW5zZS9QdWJsaWNWYXRzaW1MaWNlbmNlLnR4dCxNYXhSZXN0YXJ0PTVoOAYysnmozOcvXeXL5btTTIrqBV1oWYQ1zcAZuFTVOkUevmgH9WsBAC6GQ+tj/Xs=

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

That worked thanks very much.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 11 months later...
Tiago Bento
Posted
Posted (edited)

Where can we get a lincence key that works in 2022?

Edited by Tiago Bento

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

tgAAAGHOJwwgtMBAEV7OAih1AGSAExpY2Vuc2VPd25lcj1QdWJsaWMgVkFUU0lNIGxpY2VuY2UsTWF4Q29udHJvbGxlcnM9MyxNYXhQcmVwYXIzZD0yLERvd25sb2FkVXJsPWh0dHA6Ly93d3cuZXVyb3Njb3BlLmh1L2xpY2Vuc2UvUHVibGljVmF0c2ltTGljZW5jZS50eHQsTWF4UmVzdGFydD01X4dkV17tro8x3s6Pi/mIh/u5pXLiZOkJ2towq6C6hFet7UnquFbFaTCeP32onB2M

• Like 1

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 6 months later...
Zichao Lin
Posted
Posted

You can build a FSD server on your own which can be used with EuroScope.