You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot disable my flight controls

Mats Nordell

Mats Nordell
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have a 2 monitor setup. One monitor for p3d and the other for charts, vpilot and other things. Never had any problems with this until yesterday. Now when I fly online and want to write in vpilot my airplane gets out of control on ground when my flight controls not responding until i click back in p3d monitor. If i click on charts, or google or any other program on second monitor there is no problems at all. Only when i click in vpilot and write message. Anyone else with similar problems? Yesterday i restarted pc after a flight and made another for test and vpilot and flight controls worked fine together. But this morning same again, flight controls not responding when writing message in vpilot.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Vpilot doesn't disable Your flight Controls - defocusing Your simulator does.

In order to not have to click out of the sim for vpilot to work, simply launch vpilot in administrator mode.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Mats Nordell
Posted
Posted

this morning when i start up vpilot WITH admins right it happend again. My chyoke and pedals did not work. Closed vpilot, started again with admin rights. chyoke and pedals stopped working when i cliked on vpilot. Only happens when I click on vpilot to be able write message. Closed vpilot again and doubleclicked on it. and it worked. Strange. I will try some more.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Is the simulator also being run as an administrator?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Mats Nordell
Posted
Posted

Yes. I had problem today and i had to uninstall nvidia drivers with DDU and rebuild p3d.cfg. I installed new drivers and now it works with vpilot admin or not. Strange.