You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Issue Running VRC on a Macbook With Wine

Steven Cho

Steven Cho
Posted
Posted

Hello All!

First Post after a LONG hiatus from any form of controlling.

So I've successfully installed Wine and VRC on my mac. Unfortunately, I am faced with a black radar screen when I load any sector file. I've tried sector files from zOB and a few from zSE and am faced with the same black screen. After loading, I confirmed the sector file was indeed loaded by going to View --> Diagrams and then looking for local charts. In both cases, I got a drop down list of local procedures. Additionally, I have almost everything checked in the view drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if anyone actually has succeeded running VRC in Wine. The OpenGL libraries seem to be hard to get to work. There is another discussion on this topic here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=76994

Tomas Hansson

Steven Cho
Posted
Posted

I've already read that post multiple times, but there aren't any concrete solutions there. I read SOMEWHERE, (I forgot where), that someone has succeeded in running VRC with Wine, but I forgot where.