You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Friday Night OPS every Friday night!!

Richard Green 810012

Richard Green 810012
Posted
Posted

Calling VAs and Private Pilots to the first Friday Night Event that is sponsored by VATUSA and has the input of both ARTCCs and the VA community.

Friday Night OPS (FNO) continues the excellent pace set forth by founding VA partner AvA along with ATA, SimCOA (Simulated Continental Airlines) and others.

The FNO team does the leg work, coordinates with ARTCCs, provides suggested flight plans and secures ATC for those flight plans.

We also will be from time to time offering prizes for participants as a way to thank you for your support.

This weekly event is open to any VA pilot as well as pilots who have yet to choose a VA (or don’t wish to fly under a VA), each week we will provide you with everything you will need to make your flight as easy as possible (routes, chart links, etc.)

For more details check out http://fno.vatusa.org

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

• 2 weeks later...
Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

This is a great idea and I can't wait to see the fruits of VATUSA's hard work!

Jay Damberg 924539
Posted
Posted

I agree with Chris, this looks fantastic!

vZDV Deputy Air Traffic Manager

denbannerJD.png

• 2 weeks later...
Jeff Nielson 839877
Posted
Posted

See you all there tonight!

It looks like the local time for the event should be around 2000 hrs CDT Friday (0100Z SAT) for those who haven't visited the FNO or ZKC site yet.

We'll probably have ATC on before and after the actual event times also (speaking for myself), so we can catch those who don't depart exactly on time from their destination airports.

As always, thanks for flying Tornado Alley!

3712.png

Chris Smith
Posted
Posted

I expect to see & hear KC & Sunshine Band on the tarmac when I arrive.

Chris Smith

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at http://www.ndbair.com

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Make a little love....do a little dance...get down tonight!!!!!!

GO ZKC and ZME!!!!

Kristofer Pierson
Posted
Posted

GO ZKC and ZME!!!!

Don't forget about us up north!! ZMP will be givin support to ZKC for FNO...and even though they were not listed on the FNO site, these routes are certainly fair game departing KMSP:

KMSP-KMCI: ORSKY2 FOD RBA2 KMCI

KMSP-KSTL: RST2 ALO J233 CNOTA RIVRS3 KSTL

We'll see ya in a few hours!

~KP

"No sir, I did not clear you for a PRM."

Jeff Nielson 839877
Posted
Posted

Indy also just chimed in on PM and they'll be up also

Thanks gang! See you all there!

3712.png

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

I pointed of ZKC and ZME because they are the ones with the events tonight, but indeed GO FNO!!!

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

TOMORROW night folks...

ZNY!!!

Friday, August 25th - ZNY Hosts

Newark (KEWR), Philadelphia (KPHL) Featured!

Planned arrivals times are between 01 and 0300Z

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Great job VATUSA STAFF with FNO seems to really be a good one!!!!

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

Have attended the last 2 Fri Night Ops...seems to be catching on. Nice flight from KBUF-KEWR last night. Buff App, 3 centers, NY App, Twr, Gnd all on-line. Made for a very realistic sim....great job to all the magical voices on the scopes keeping us on co[Mod - Happy Thoughts]! Plan on making Fri Night Ops as often as possible, until the wife has something to say. Sat Night Ops may be reserved for her so please don't encourage me and add another night!!

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

I'd like as much pilot/controller feedback as possible on these events. I spend a bit of time setting the flights up, but due to my work schedule, I'm normally not able to attend the event. Last night I was out of the office and had no way of even checking on the numbers that were flying into the area.

All feedback is good...even the bad. Please visit the FNO website where you can find my email address and send me your impressions on these events, the routes, and the amount of traffic you encounter. I try hard to spread the routes out so that they come at the target airports from all directions, but I don't know how successful I am.

I look forward to your questions, concerns, suggestions, and criticisms.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Josh Rosard 879188
Posted
Posted

Rocky Mountain spotlight tomorrow night... Denver (KDEN) and Colorado Springs (KCOS)

fno2.png

Action starts at 0100z don't miss it!

Josh Rosard

ZDV

PPL ASEL