You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to connect voice

Lenny Colton

Lenny Colton
Posted
Posted

I have managed to connect to the network using FSX: SE and I'm showing up on VATSpy. I can also see the list of ATC stations populated correctly. However, when I tune a frequency, no voice rooms appear and I am unable to connect to either voice or text chat, as far as I can see. My aircraft is powered up and worked correctly with a vPilot setup. Any ideas?

Lenny Colton
Posted
Posted

Yes, the controller was online and I was able to establish 2-way text communication with him.

The solution turned out to be remarkably simple yet highly perplexing. The swift client defaults to voice on port 3292. By setting the voice port to override mode, changing the port to 3290, saving, and restarting the swift client, the problem was solved.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your feedback! I never had to change any setting to make voice comms work. I take from it that you have a router that closes all ports except for those that you define to be open/allowed, in this case UDP 3290.