You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FP Route length exceeded...

Chris Oddsund

Chris Oddsund
Posted
Posted

I dont know why there is a character limitation in a FLIGHT PLAN, but please tell me this is planned to be either removed competently or at least changed...

Am doing DOH-ORD and this is my flightplan:

ALVEN P430 ALTOM DCT MIDSI R659 SYZ P574 SAV L124 ZAJ UR654 MAGRI N77 ADANO N82 LAPTO A234 SORLU R11 BUTRI N39 TE B231 UK L169 TU R58 NOTAR P855 TLL DCT EXUPA DCT EPAXU DCT ROGTU DCT NETAV DCT ROBRO DCT TABEV DCT 67N000E 68N010W 68N020W 67N030W DCT ASTAN DCT 63N050W DCT MAXAR DCT MUSLO N862A LOPVI DCT VP DCT GL DCT YMO DCT YYU DCT SSM WYNDE9

And apparently its too long for Swift..

Anyone else who has ran into this by any chance?

John Wiesenfeld
Posted
Posted

Just as a possible temporary work-around, you might leave out all of those "DCT" entries. They're not needed by ATC. We know that you're proceeding DCT if there's no airway shown between two waypoints.

John Wiesenfeld

ZNY - C1

FAA IFR/SEL in a galaxy long ago and far away

Chris Oddsund
Posted
Posted
Just as a possible temporary work-around, you might leave out all of those "DCT" entries. They're not needed by ATC. We know that you're proceeding DCT if there's no airway shown between two waypoints.

Even after removing all the DCT its still to long, and even when i removed the coordinates for when i flew over the atlantic. It was still to long :/

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris,

this limitation is NOT specific to swift, but on the server-side (VATSIM). How much information have you filled into the remarks? Possibly this exceeded the limit.