You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft type not recognized when trying to Connect

David Bruce

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

I just purchased the X-Crafts E145LR/XR airplanes. When I have one of them chosen to fly and I go to connect, Swift doesn't recognized the plane, the type etc. So I go through the process of filling out all the info and click the swift button to upload this for future uses and for I believe others to have their SWIFT client download so they can use the profile, but it never is saved. I am therefore always needing to fill in the Aircraft type, Airline etc. Any help on the process to create a profile for these planes?

Thank you,

David Bruce

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi David,

I think the source of the issue is the fact that manufacturer of the addon product has used a non-standard abbreviation/code for this type, causing swift trouble reading it out correctly. But I may be wrong and it is something completely different.

Can you take a screenshot of the connect dialogue before you connect? This way we can see how swift recognizes (or not) your Embraer 145.

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes I will get a screenshot and send it to you tomorrow.

Thanks

Dave

David Bruce
Posted
Posted

The system must have properly saved my information pertaining to the x-crafts 145. When i go and connect using it, it recognizes all of the needed info I did save and upload. So i am all set with this problem. Thank you.

Dave

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Perfect! Thanks for your feedback and if you run into other problems don't hesitate to ask on our Discord or here. Discord is our preferred channel, if you don't mind.