You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Delay in opening

Mohammed Shaamil

Mohammed Shaamil
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I've been using Vpilot for a quite a bit of time, now all of a sudden for the past 2 months I am facing this issue-

Whenever I start Vpilot, it does not open immediately and also it makes my computer freeze... I leave it untouched for a few mins and my computer gets back to normal... I have never faced this is issue earlier but now I'm facing it... I have tried re-installing it multiple times, running it in admin mode and compatibility mode for Win 7 and 8 and many more things related to perms and such but no luck. I sense this is a weird problem as none of my colleagues experience this kind of an issue and I'm also not able to find this topic on any of the Vpilot forums...

Any Solutions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohammed

• 1 year later...
Mohammed Shaamil
Posted
Posted

The update that was released following this issue fixed it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Interesting ... the only thing I changed was some logic in how vPilot handles deleted aircraft in MSFS. My best guess is that your antivirus or firewall software was somehow interfering with the startup, and downloading the new version made it stop since the exe is now different. Just a wild guess, though.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Mohammed Shaamil
Posted
Posted

Hmm perhaps. But anyways, no hitches these days. Thanks for your reply, I'll try that reply if I ever encounter the issue again. #StaycalmandVATISM ❤️🙂