You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Please pardon ZABs dust

Fred Clausen

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

ZAB has been hard at work updating our procedures and website. Finally these things have come to a head and now we're done. www.zabartcc.org

I know the biggest complaint pilots have had with the old ZAB site was that the site was hard to navigate, and that charts were impossible to find. No more! Pilots, if you fly into ZAB all of the charts you could ever want for ANY ZAB airport will be right there at your finger tips.

And finally, I'd like to ask pilots patience for the next few weeks as ZAB transitions first to our new P50 (Phoenix) TRACON procedures, and shortly the new ZAB Center procedures. These procedures are based off of the real world SOPs (for those of you so inclined, you may visit www.fredclausen.com/realdocs to take a gander at the source of our SOPs) and as such require some time to get used to. The training department, lead by Ed McCoy, will be offering cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es to our controllers so hopefully the overall disruption to service will be minimal, while standardizing the procedures.

Blue skies,

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Looks VERY good Fred. Great work!

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Much easier to navigate, and I love the dropdown menu for all the airport charts. Nice job!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

David Kluempers
Posted
Posted

Very nice job, I like the fact that it is very simple to navigate and does not try to overwhelm me with graphics. I especially like the Training Wiki.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

nice job Fred...

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Looks really good Fred!

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Stuart Guberman 897696
Posted
Posted

The ZAB Wiki now falls under my care. There'll be some additions to it coming soon, as well.

Student 2

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

Website looks great, much better then the old one. Good to see....