You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Spawning Onto Used Gates?

phil symonds 1210804

phil symonds 1210804
Posted
Posted

If I 'spawn' onto a gate already in use, is there a way in X-Plane 11 to move sideways like in FSX and P3D?

Joe Burberry 865512
Posted
Posted

Would it not be easier to load up at another gate?

(Sorry dont use Xplane).. but it may cause issue with the controller online if you start moving around the apron

Regards

Joseph

C1 - Vatsim UK member since 2003

24.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not an xplane user either, but I am told there is a map view that you can use to drag your plane around. Just be sure to disconnect while you're doing so.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

phil symonds 1210804
Posted
Posted

Hi and thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, X-Plane doesn't do that in the same way as FSX or P3D. There's only a limited choice of where you can move to.

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

I also do not use X-Plane but googling x-plane slew shows some options that may work.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Wow so odd that there is no slew. I guess you could disconnect from the network and pushback and taxi to another gate. Kind of a pain but maybe a better option than reloading the sim.

847924.png

Ernesto Martinez
Posted
Posted

You can use the map to move, but at that scale it's challenging because the map was designed for larger distances so you'd have to be zoomed in all the way at the airport.

The easiest way is to start a new flight at a new gate.

Ernesto Martinez

Membership Audit Team
VATSIM Supervisor

[email protected]
  support.vatsim.net

vatsim_0.png

phil symonds 1210804
Posted
Posted

For anyone interested, I found two SLEW plugins at xplane.org for download. Just search for slew in the files section. Only down side I can see is loosing the use of the Y key for other functions or typing text. Works though.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Or just stay where you are.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Or just stay where you are.

God forbid he doesn't want to and asked to find a solution without blaming anyone

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
For anyone interested, I found two SLEW plugins at xplane.org for download. Just search for slew in the files section. Only down side I can see is loosing the use of the Y key for other functions or typing text. Works though.

Bad for Unicom when flying to Toronto then...

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Gary Townsend
Posted
Posted
You can use the map to move, but at that scale it's challenging because the map was designed for larger distances so you'd have to be zoomed in all the way at the airport.

The easiest way is to start a new flight at a new gate.

I've done this multiple times where you just open the settings and change your location and start new flight the connection to vatsim stays and now you're at the new gate and you use the very detailed ramp map to chose a new location.