You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sick of being ripped off

Graham White

Graham White
Posted
Posted

Just bought my second Chicago airport in 18 months. Paid &60.00+ for the latest & still don't have current rwy's & taxiways.

Every download should have its release date & latest update listed.

We deserve better treatment from this industry.

I just hope the new Microsoft flight Sim create their own add-ons & get rid of the rip-offs.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

or ask for a refund?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Relevance to VATSIM?

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Kirk,

Relevance to VATSIM?

ATCOs normally have the latest layout of an airport (charts, sector files, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated procedures etc.) so pilots want to stay up to date as well. I applaud the effort of doing so. Chicago O'Hare has been in trouble for as long as I can think, because in the real world they keep on modifying the airport and runway layout m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ively and on a regular basis, closing entire runways, constructing new ones etc..

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted

Not advertising for any company, but Drezwicki designs has a free demo, that is fully functional with all the correct runways and taxiways, for KORD. It's a try before you buy kind of thing.

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
Not advertising for any company, but Drezwicki designs has a free demo, that is fully functional with all the correct runways and taxiways, for KORD. It's a try before you buy kind of thing.

Same not for advertising as well, but that's why you won't see FSDT release anything until they are ready. They've been working on a KORD update for the past 3 years now, and haven't put anything out because of the constant updates.

But to play devil's advocate here, knowing that the airport is in flux should be a warning sign to NOT buy a given scenery. Good case in point: When FS2000 was launched, they only included KPHX with the original 2 runways they had, despite the fact that prior to the FS2K release, KPHX added a third runway and renumbered all of them. Microsoft didn't update it for 4 years, when FS9 came out. And that is despite the fact that they (Microsoft) released FS2K2 twice: the second release being the one that took out the World Trade Center buildings to reflect the current NYC skyline.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted

9C/27C at KORD (11,245 x 200) is scheduled to open late in 2020 after which the constant configuration changes may (?) slow down somewhat.

James Hiscoe 1260816
Posted
Posted

This is why I satisfy myself with freeware for some airports. There are usually people endeavoring to keep all the important changes available and it costs you nothing but your eyes a bit of shock that it looks so 2005 at O'Hare despite being laid out like its 2019.

Daniel Morris 1132365
Posted
Posted

Perhaps consider to take matters into your own hands, there are a few good editors that might help. Obviously when you spend hard earned money on something; you should be made aware of exactly what you're buying! providing a chart of the airport in this case would be helpful.

Relevance to VATSIM?

Because forums are a good place for communities to discuss things with those who have similar interests

Graham White
Posted
Posted

While flying with ATC in Frankfurt I received a msg telling me not to come back until I had the latest airport update.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
While flying with ATC in Frankfurt I received a msg telling me not to come back until I had the latest airport update.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Please send me a private message with information about when exactly this has happened and who (ATC-station) told you so. I would like to follow up since I am a member of the Frankfurt group.