You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Why default to selecting all simobjects after a change?

Robert Lee

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted

Each time the simobjects of my Prepar3D are changed such as adding a new scenery, the advanced model matching section selects ALL simobjects again. Each time it scans for changes I have to go to settings and select only the simobjects I want active, in my case FLAi. I suggest to make it so vPilot does not default to selecting all simobjects after a change is detected since there is no reason for my SODE SimObjects to be selected as part of AI model matching. Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It should be retaining your selections (and de-selections) when the scan is repeated, so if it's not, there must be a bug. I will look into it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
It should be retaining your selections (and de-selections) when the scan is repeated, so if it's not, there must be a bug. I will look into it.

For me every time it shows "scanning new simobjects" on start-up I go to the model matching settings and all selections are checked. It is with changes to SODE simobjects every time that happens. And before the changes only FLAi was selected. Thanks. Bob

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is fixed in version 2.2.3, which is currently available in the Beta updates channel. Can you test it out?

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
This is fixed in version 2.2.3, which is currently available in the Beta updates channel. Can you test it out?

It is fixed in the latest Beta thanks! Bob

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted

Installed a new scenery that added its own SimObjects and when vPilot scanned for new changes, it checked the box for that simobject but remembered my checkbox settings for all others. Is this how it is working now? Will still need to uncheck each new simobject box when installing new scenery.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, new sinobjects are enabled by default so that if you install a new model set you don't have to manually enable them. (This is how it has always worked.)

You don't need to worry about disabling non-aircraft scenery objects ... vPilot isn't going to try to use them for model matching aircraft.

Robert Lee
Posted
Posted
Yeah, new sinobjects are enabled by default so that if you install a new model set you don't have to manually enable them. (This is how it has always worked.)

You don't need to worry about disabling non-aircraft scenery objects ... vPilot isn't going to try to use them for model matching aircraft.

Thank you! Bob